Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COL2A1
Description: collagen, type II, alpha 1
Alias: CB11, alpha-1 type II collagen, collagen alpha-1(II) chain, cyanogen bromide, pro-alpha 1(II)
- The covalent structure of cartilage collagen. Amino acid sequence of the NH2-terminal helical portion of the alpha 1 (II) chainW T Butler
Biochemistry 15:3000-6. 1976..The sequences of alpha 1 (II)-CB6, alpha 1 (II),-CB12, and 39 residues of alpha 1 (II)-CB11 were determined largely by automated Edman degradation...
- Free axial vibrations at 0 to 200 Hz positively affect extracellular matrix messenger ribonucleic acid expression in bovine nucleus pulposiGeoffrey T Desmoulin
Optima Health Solutions International Corporation KKT International, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1437-44. 2010..5 g and 0 to 200 Hz. Expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for aggrecan, collagen type I, collagen type II, biglycan, decorin, and versican were assayed, as was apoptosis...
- Type II and VI collagen in nasal and articular cartilage and the effect of IL-1alpha on the distribution of these collagensI D C Jansen
Department of Periodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, University of Amsterdam and VU University, Research Institute MOVE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Mol Histol 41:9-17. 2010..Since type VI collagen is known to be relatively resistant to proteolysis we speculate that the higher level of type VI collagen in articular cartilage is important in protecting cartilage from digestion...
- Cartilage formation measured by a novel PIINP assay suggests that IGF-I does not stimulate but maintains cartilage formation ex vivoS H Madsen
Nordic Bioscience, Herlev, Denmark
Scand J Rheumatol 38:222-6. 2009..This was performed in a cartilage model...
- Sphingomyelinase decreases type II collagen expression in bovine articular cartilage chondrocytes via the ERK signaling pathwayS J Gilbert
Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:209-20. 2008..The accumulation of ceramide is associated with arthritis in Farber's disease. The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanism of ceramide-induced down-regulation of type II collagen...
- Regulation of cartilaginous ECM gene transcription by chondrocytes and MSCs in 3D culture in response to dynamic loadingR L Mauck
Department of Health and Human Services Cartilage Biology and Orthopaedics Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 50 South Drive, MSC 8022, Building 50, Bethesda, MD 20892 8022, USA
Biomech Model Mechanobiol 6:113-25. 2007..These results demonstrate the utility of a new reporter promoter system for optimizing loading protocols to improve the outcome of engineered chondrocyte- and MSC-laden cartilaginous constructs...
- Domains and maturation processes that regulate the activity of ADAMTS-2, a metalloproteinase cleaving the aminopropeptide of fibrillar procollagens types I-III and VAlain Colige
Laboratory of Connective Tissues Biology, Center of Biomedical Integrative Genoproteomics, University of Liege, B 4000 SartTilman, Belgium
J Biol Chem 280:34397-408. 2005..This finding and the existence of multiple processed forms of ADAMTS-2 strongly suggest that ADAMTS-2 may be involved in function(s) other than processing of fibrillar procollagen types I-III...
- Two monoclonal antibodies to precisely the same epitope of type II collagen select non-crossreactive phage clones by phage display: implications for autoimmunity and molecular mimicryYuekang Xu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Box 13D, Monash University, Clayton 3800, Australia
Mol Immunol 41:411-9. 2004....
- Molecular definition and characterization of recombinant bovine CB8 and CB10: immunogenicity and arthritogenicityB Tang
Departments of Pediatrics, Biochemistry and Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, 38163, USA
Clin Immunol 92:256-64. 1999..Thus, these recombinant CII peptides expressed in E. coli can induce an effective immunologic response and suggest that functionally useful CII peptides can be generated by the prokaryotic expression system...
- Structural analysis of cross-linking domains in cartilage type XI collagen. Insights on polymeric assemblyJ J Wu
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 270:18865-70. 1995..N-propeptides in cartilage matrix and that the alpha 3 (XI) chain was the IIB splicing variant product of the COL2A1 gene...
- Characterization of the T cell determinants in the induction of autoimmune arthritis by bovine alpha 1(II)-CB11 in H-2q miceD D Brand
Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis
J Immunol 152:3088-97. 1994..of bovine type II collagen (CII) that mediate the autoimmune response in H-2q mice, we have identified a cyanogen bromide fragment of bovine CII, CII(124-402), that induces arthritis in DBA/1 mice...
- Homologous regions of collagen alpha1(I) and alpha1(II) chains: apparent clustering of variable and invariant amino acid residuesW T Butler
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 57:190-5. 1974
- Isolation and characterization of the cyanogen bromide peptides from the alpha 1(II) chain of bovine and human cartilage collagenE J Miller
Biochemistry 12:3153-9. 1973
- Covalent structure of collagen. Amino acid sequence of an arthritogenic cyanogen bromide peptide from type II collagen of bovine cartilageJ M Seyer
Connective Tissue Research Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Memphis, TN 38104
Eur J Biochem 181:159-73. 1989..b>Cyanogen bromide digestion of purified type II collagen alpha chains yielded twelve distinct peptides designated CB1-12...
- Analysis of cDNA and genomic clones coding for the pro alpha 1 chain of calf type II collagenF O Sangiorgi
Nucleic Acids Res 13:2815-26. 1985..These clones span 23 kb of DNA and contain approximately 17 kb of the pro alpha 1(II) calf gene. Sequencing of exon 1 has determined the length of the 3' untranslated region and the exact location of the polyadenylation attachment site...
- The covalent structure of cartilage collagen. Evidence for sequence heterogeneity of bovine alpha1(II) chainsW T Butler
J Biol Chem 252:639-43. 1977During studies on the amino acid sequence of bovine nasal cartilage collagen, the cyanogen bromide peptide alpha1(II)-CB11 was degraded to smaller peptides with trypsin...
- Disc strain and resulting positive mRNA expression from application of a noninvasive treatmentGeoffrey T Desmoulin
Optima Health Solutions International Corp, KKT International, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:E921-8. 2011..5 to 5 g and frequencies of 0, 16, 50 to 80, and a combined 16+50 to 80 Hz treatment. Expression of mRNA for aggrecan, collagen type I, collagen type II, biglycan, decorin, and versican were assayed...