Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COL1A1
Description: collagen, type I, alpha 1
Alias: alpha-1 type I collagen, collagen alpha-1(I) chain
- The covalent structure of collagen: amino-acid sequence of the cyanogen-bromide peptides alpha1-CB2, alpha1-CB4 and alpha1-CB5 from calf-skin collagenP P Fietzek
Eur J Biochem 52:77-82. 1975..Positions 101 and 102 of calf skin collagen are occupied by Asp-Ala, in rat skin collagen by Asn-Thr. The extensive homology in this region is remarkable and is not found in other regions of the alpha1 and alpha2-chain...
- Free axial vibrations at 0 to 200 Hz positively affect extracellular matrix messenger ribonucleic acid expression in bovine nucleus pulposiGeoffrey T Desmoulin
Optima Health Solutions International Corporation KKT International, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1437-44. 2010..5 g and 0 to 200 Hz. Expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for aggrecan, collagen type I, collagen type II, biglycan, decorin, and versican were assayed, as was apoptosis...
- Verification of simple hydration/dehydration methods to characterize multiple water compartments on tendon type 1 collagenIvan L Cameron
Cellular and Structural Biology Department, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Cell Biol Int 31:531-9. 2007....
- Matrix-specific suppression of integrin activation in shear stress signalingA Wayne Orr
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4686-97. 2006..Thus, integrins actively cross-inhibit through specific kinase pathways. These mechanisms may determine cellular responses to complex extracellular matrices...
- Discoidin domain receptor 2 inhibits fibrillogenesis of collagen type 1Cosmin Mihai
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Mol Biol 361:864-76. 2006..Our results demonstrate a novel and important functional role of the DDR2 ECD that may contribute to collagen regulation via modulation of fibrillogenesis...
- Advanced granulomatous lesions in Mycobacterium bovis-infected cattle are associated with increased expression of type I procollagen, gammadelta (WC1+) T cells and CD 68+ cellsA Wangoo
Department of Pathology, Veterinary Laboratories Agency Weybridge, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 3NB, UK
J Comp Pathol 133:223-34. 2005..Such disease correlates may help to inform the development of improved diagnostic methods and support vaccine development programmes...
- Domains and maturation processes that regulate the activity of ADAMTS-2, a metalloproteinase cleaving the aminopropeptide of fibrillar procollagens types I-III and VAlain Colige
Laboratory of Connective Tissues Biology, Center of Biomedical Integrative Genoproteomics, University of Liege, B 4000 SartTilman, Belgium
J Biol Chem 280:34397-408. 2005..This finding and the existence of multiple processed forms of ADAMTS-2 strongly suggest that ADAMTS-2 may be involved in function(s) other than processing of fibrillar procollagen types I-III...
- OIM and related animal models of osteogenesis imperfectaJ R Shapiro
Bone Metabolism Research Laboratory, Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Hopkins Bayview Research Campus, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Connect Tissue Res 31:265-8. 1995..This heritable disorder of connective tissue is the result of mutations affecting the COL1A1 and COL1A2 genes of type I collagen...
- Characterization of the enzymatic activity of human kallikrein 6: Autoactivation, substrate specificity, and regulation by inhibitorsAngeliki Magklara
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5G 1X5
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:948-55. 2003..Inhibition of hK6 was achieved via binding to different serpins, among which antithrombin III was the most efficient...
- Chromosomal assignments of expressed sequence tags for ACTG1, AHSG, COL1A1, GNAS1, and RPLP1 expressed abundantly in the bovine foetusY Muramatsu
Department of Food Science, Shizuoka Eiwa College, Ikeda, Shizuoka 422-8005, Japan
Anim Genet 33:230-1. 2002
- Further characterization of a somatic cell hybrid panel: ten new assignments to the bovine genomeG Guerin
Laboratoire de Génétique Biochimique et de Cytogénétique, INRA CRJ, Jouy en Josas, France
Anim Genet 25:31-5. 1994..This panel was then used to make synteny assignments for 10 additional loci, eight by Southern blotting (COL1A1, COL1A2, FAS, CTSB, CTSL, CHRNG, HEXB and HTR1A) and two by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification (HRH1 ..
- The covalent structure of collagen: amino acid sequence of 1-CB3 from calf skin collagenP P Fietzek
FEBS Lett 26:74-6. 1972
- The covalent structure of collagen. 2. The amino-acid sequence of alpha1-CB7 from calf-skin collagenP P Fietzek
Eur J Biochem 38:396-400. 1973
- The covalent structure of collagen. The amino-acid sequence of the 112-residues. Amino-terminal part of peptide 1-CB6 from calf-skin collagenP Wendt
Eur J Biochem 30:169-83. 1972
- The covalent structure of collagen. Amino-acid sequence of peptide 1-CB6-C2P P Fietzek
Eur J Biochem 30:163-8. 1972
- Structural characterization of N-terminal antigenic determinants in calf and human collagenJ Rauterberg
Eur J Biochem 27:231-7. 1972
- Delay of cell cycle progression and induction death of cancer cells on type I collagen fibrils [corrected]Jun Sasaki
Nippi Research Institute of Biomatrix, Toride, Ibaraki, Japan
Connect Tissue Res 52:167-77. 2011..These results imply that the fibril form of collagen plays a potential role in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells...