Gene Symbol: BOLA-DRB3
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DRB3
Alias: BLA-DRB3, Bota-DRB01, Bota-DRB02, Bota-DRB04, Bota-DRB07, Bota-DRB21, Bota-DRB22, LA-DRB, major histocompatibility complex, class II, DRB3, BoLA-DRB3.2, DR beta-chain antigen binding domain, DR-beta chain MHC class II, MHC class II DR beta chain, MHC class II DRB3, MHC class II antigen BoLA-DRB3, MHC class II antigen beta chain, MHC class II leukocyte antigen BoLA-DRB3, MHC(BoLA) class II DR-beta chain, histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 3, leukocyte antigen DRB3, major histocompatibility complex class II DR-beta chain, major histocompatibility complex, class II, DR beta 3
- Takeshima S, Ikegami M, Morita M, Nakai Y, Aida Y. Identification of new cattle BoLA-DRB3 alleles by sequence-based typing. Immunogenetics. 2001;53:74-81 pubmed
- Ripoli M, Lirón J, De Luca J, Rojas F, Dulout F, Giovambattista G. Gene frequency distribution of the BoLA-DRB3 locus in Saavedreño Creole dairy cattle. Biochem Genet. 2004;42:231-40 pubmed..In conclusion, the results of this study demonstrated that BoLA-DRB3.2 is a highly polymorphic locus in Saavedreño Creole dairy cattle, with significant variation in allele frequency among cattle breeds. ..
- Ruzina M, Shtyfurko T, Mohammadabadi M, Gendzhieva O, Tsedev T, Sulimova G. [Polymorphism of the BoLA-DRB3 gene in the Mongolian, Kalmyk, and Yakut cattle breeds]. Genetika. 2010;46:517-25 pubmed
- Sun L, Song Y, Riaz H, Yang L. Effect of BoLA-DRB3 exon2 polymorphisms on lameness of Chinese Holstein cows. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:1081-6 pubmed publisher..However, analysis of seven HaeIII-RFLP genotypes revealed a significantly higher gait score for AB genotype than others. In conclusion, BoLA-DRB3.2 may be a candidate gene for lameness susceptibility in Chinese Holstein cows. ..
- Lützelschwab C, Forletti A, Cepeda R, Esteban E, Confalonieri O, Gutierrez S. Co-infection with Mycobacterium bovis does not alter the response to bovine leukemia virus in BoLA DRB3*0902, genetically resistant cattle. Res Vet Sci. 2016;109:10-16 pubmed publisher..resistance and susceptibility has been mapped to the Major Histocompatibility Complex class II DRB3 gene (BoLA DRB3)...
- Burke M, Stone R, Muggli Cockett N. Nucleotide sequence and northern analysis of a bovine major histocompatibility class II DR beta-like cDNA. Anim Genet. 1991;22:343-52 pubmed..Based on these results we suggest that of the three DR beta-like loci thus far identified in the bovine, only one is actively transcribed. ..
- Duangjinda M, Jindatajak Y, Tipvong W, Sriwarothai J, Pattarajinda V, Katawatin S, et al. Association of BoLA-DRB3 alleles with tick-borne disease tolerance in dairy cattle in a tropical environment. Vet Parasitol. 2013;196:314-20 pubmed publisher..bigemina. These susceptibility alleles could be used as markers for culling, and selection favoring susceptibility alleles should be considered to maintain heterozygote advantage and pathogen-specific memories in the herd. ..
- Groenen M, van Der Poel J, Dijkhof R, Giphart M. The nucleotide sequence of bovine MHC class II DQB and DRB genes. Immunogenetics. 1990;31:37-44 pubmed..Therefore, DNA fragments containing these sequences can be used as homologous bovine probes in restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) analysis to study disease associations in cattle. ..
- Ammer H, Schwaiger F, Kammerbauer C, Gomolka M, Arriens A, Lazary S, et al. Exonic polymorphism vs intronic simple repeat hypervariability in MHC-DRB genes. Immunogenetics. 1992;35:332-40 pubmed..Unexpectedly, the rate of intronic simple repeat and exonic changes appear quite similar. ..
- Ripoli M, Peral Garcia P, Dulout F, Giovambattista G. Polymorphism in the bovine BOLA-DRB3 upstream regulatory regions detected through PCR-SSCP and DNA sequencing. Gene. 2004;339:71-8 pubmed..The functional role of the observed polymorphic sites among the regulatory motifs in bovine needs to be analyzed and confirmed by means of gene expression assays. ..
- Schwab A, Geary T, Baillargeon P, Schwab A, Fecteau G. Association of BoLA DRB3 and DQA1 alleles with susceptibility to Neospora caninum and reproductive outcome in Quebec Holstein cattle. Vet Parasitol. 2009;165:136-40 pubmed publisherThe BoLA DRB3 and DQA1 genes are part of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II in cattle...
- Miltiadou D, Law A, Russell G. Establishment of a sequence-based typing system for BoLA-DRB3 exon 2. Tissue Antigens. 2003;62:55-65 pubmed..This SBT strategy and the Haplofinder software can be applied to the analysis of any polymorphic locus for which suitable locus-specific primers and allelic sequences are available. ..
- Untalan P, Pruett J, Steelman C. Association of the bovine leukocyte antigen major histocompatibility complex class II DRB3*4401 allele with host resistance to the Lone Star tick, Amblyomma americanum. Vet Parasitol. 2007;145:190-5 pubmed..Elucidation of the mechanism involved in tick resistance will contribute to improving breeding schemes for parasite resistance, which will be beneficial to the cattle industry. ..
- Yoshida T, Furuta H, Kondo Y, Mukoyama H. Association of BoLA-DRB3 alleles with mastitis resistance and susceptibility in Japanese Holstein cows. Anim Sci J. 2012;83:359-66 pubmed publisher..DRB3.2*8(DRB3*1201) and DRB3.2*16(DRB3*1501) alleles were found to be associated with susceptibility, while DRB3.2*22(DRB3*1101), DRB3.2*23(DRB3*2703), and DRB3.2*24(DRB3*0101) alleles were found to be associated with resistance. ..
- Sitte K, East I, Lavin M, Jazwinska E. Identification and characterization of new BoLA-DRB3 alleles by heteroduplex analysis and direct sequencing. Anim Genet. 1995;26:413-7 pubmed..In conclusion, heteroduplex analysis allows rapid discrimination between homozygotes and heterozygotes, and enables rapid identification of new BoLA-DRB3 alleles. ..
- Nikbakht Brujeni G, Ghorbanpour R, Esmailnejad A. Association of BoLA-DRB3.2 Alleles with BLV Infection Profiles (Persistent Lymphocytosis/Lymphosarcoma) and Lymphocyte Subsets in Iranian Holstein Cattle. Biochem Genet. 2016;54:194-207 pubmed publisher..Allelic differences influence the immune response to BLV infection and developing the disease profile. These differences also have important consequences for tumor resistance. ..
- Pashmi M, Qanbari S, Ghorashi S, Salehi A. PCR based RFLP genotyping of bovine lymphocyte antigen DRB3.2 in Iranian Holstein population. Pak J Biol Sci. 2007;10:383-7 pubmed..2 *8, *11, *16, *22, *23 and *24) accounted for 69.65% of the alleles in these 10 herds. The results of this study confirm the allelic distribution of six most frequent alleles in Holstein population's worldwide. ..
- Forletti A, Juliarena M, Ceriani C, Amadio A, Esteban E, Gutiérrez S. Identification of cattle carrying alleles associated with resistance and susceptibility to the Bovine Leukemia Virus progression by real-time PCR. Res Vet Sci. 2013;95:991-5 pubmed publisherPrevious studies have shown a significant association between polymorphisms of the BoLA DRB3 gene and Bovine Leukemia Virus (BLV) infection profile...
- Kovaliuk N, Satsuk V, Matviets A, Machul skaia E. [Possible causes and consequences of the spread of individual allelic variants of the BoLA-DRB3 locus in groups of Holstein and Ayrshire cattle]. Genetika. 2010;46:429-32 pubmed..Considerably increased frequencies of individual alleles have been found in some groups of cattle, depending on the breed and breeding value. The possible causes and consequences of the observed relationships have been analyzed. ..
- Aida Y, Niimi M, Asahina M, Okada K, Nakai Y, Ogimoto K. Identification of a new bovine MHC class II DRB allele by nucleotide sequencing and an analysis of phylogenetic relationships. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;209:981-8 pubmed..Thus, the predicted structure of the unique NR1 allele for BoLA-DRB3 further confirms the overall conservation of the product of this locus, as previously established from studies in rodent and man. ..
- Russell G, Smith J, Oliver R. Structure of the BoLA-DRB3 gene and promoter. Eur J Immunogenet. 2004;31:145-51 pubmed..This provides us with improved characterization of the DRB3*0101 and DRB3*2002 alleles, and also subcloned 5' and 3' flanking regions of the polymorphic DRB3 gene for use in functional studies. ..
- Kulberg S, Heringstad B, Guttersrud O, Olsaker I. Study on the association of BoLA-DRB3.2 alleles with clinical mastitis in Norwegian Red cows. J Anim Breed Genet. 2007;124:201-7 pubmed..2 alleles and mastitis indicate that future studies should focus on associations of mastitis with BoLA haplotypes rather than with single BoLA genes. ..
- Sharif S, Mallard B, Wilkie B. Characterization of naturally processed and presented peptides associated with bovine major histocompatibility complex (BoLA) class II DR molecules. Anim Genet. 2003;34:116-23 pubmed..These findings provide the foundation for future studies of molecular mechanisms of MHC-disease associations of cattle. ..
- Udina I, Karamysheva E, Turkova S, Orlova A, Sulimova G. [Genetic mechanisms of resistance and susceptibility to leukemia in Ayrshire and black pied cattle breeds determined by allelic distribution of gene Bola-DRB3]. Genetika. 2003;39:383-96 pubmed..The lowest heterozygosity level by amino acid motives (75-78) was revealed in PL animals, for which sample inbreeding coefficients were detected: F = 0.324 and F = 0.084 in Ayrshire and Black Pied breeds, respectively...
- Takeshima S, Miyasaka T, Matsumoto Y, Xue G, Diaz V, Rogberg MuÃ±oz A, et al. Assessment of biodiversity in Chilean cattle using the distribution of major histocompatibility complex class II BoLA-DRB3 allele. Tissue Antigens. 2015;85:35-44 pubmed publisher..This allelic information will be important for investigating the relationship between major histocompatibility complex (MHC) and disease. ..
- Juliarena M, Poli M, Sala L, Ceriani C, Gutierrez S, Dolcini G, et al. Association of BLV infection profiles with alleles of the BoLA-DRB3.2 gene. Anim Genet. 2008;39:432-8 pubmed publisher..The RS genotype could not be associated with any particular profile. Our results show that allele ISAG*0902 appears to be the best BLV resistance marker in Holstein cattle...
- Juliarena M, Poli M, Ceriani C, Sala L, Rodriguez E, Gutierrez S, et al. Antibody response against three widespread bovine viruses is not impaired in Holstein cattle carrying bovine leukocyte antigen DRB3.2 alleles associated with bovine leukemia virus resistance. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:375-81 pubmed publisher..foot and mouth disease virus, bovine viral diarrhea virus, or bovine herpesvirus type 1 and polymorphism of the BoLA DRB3.2 gene. Conversely, there is strong association between BoLA DRB3...