Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SOX9
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 9
Alias: SOX-9, transcription factor SOX-9
- Uwanogho D, Rex M, Cartwright E, Pearl G, Healy C, Scotting P, et al. Embryonic expression of the chicken Sox2, Sox3 and Sox11 genes suggests an interactive role in neuronal development. Mech Dev. 1995;49:23-36 pubmed..cSox11 also exhibits a lineage restricted pattern of expression in the peripheral nervous system. ..
- Huang B, Brugger S, Lyons K. Stage-specific control of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF/CCN2) expression in chondrocytes by Sox9 and beta-catenin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27702-12 pubmed publisher..b>Sox9 and T-cell factor (TCF) x lymphoid enhancer factor (LEF) factors contain HMG domains and bind to related consensus ..
- Kang P, Lee H, Glasgow S, Finley M, Donti T, Gaber Z, et al. Sox9 and NFIA coordinate a transcriptional regulatory cascade during the initiation of gliogenesis. Neuron. 2012;74:79-94 pubmed publisher..a crucial role in the onset of gliogenesis; we found that its induction is regulated by the transcription factor Sox9 and that this relationship mediates the initiation of gliogenesis...
- Peacock J, Levay A, Gillaspie D, Tao G, Lincoln J. Reduced sox9 function promotes heart valve calcification phenotypes in vivo. Circ Res. 2010;106:712-9 pubmed publisher..The SRY-related transcription factor Sox9 is expressed in developing and mature heart valves, and its function is required for expression of cartilage-..
- Juhasz T, Matta C, Somogyi C, Katona E, Takács R, Soha R, et al. Mechanical loading stimulates chondrogenesis via the PKA/CREB-Sox9 and PP2A pathways in chicken micromass cultures. Cell Signal. 2014;26:468-82 pubmed publisher..through enhanced expression, phosphorylation and nuclear signals of the main chondrogenic transcription factor Sox9. Along with increased cAMP levels, a significantly enhanced protein kinase A (PKA) activity was also detected and ..
- Takimoto A, Oro M, Hiraki Y, Shukunami C. Direct conversion of tenocytes into chondrocytes by Sox9. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1492-507 pubmed publisherb>Sox9 is a high-mobility group box-containing transcription factor that functions as a key regulator of chondrogenesis...
- Moniot B, Boizet Bonhoure B, Poulat F. Male specific expression of lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase (cPTGDS) during chicken gonadal differentiation: relationship with cSOX9. Sex Dev. 2008;2:96-103 pubmed publisherAs in mammals, the SOX9 gene (cSOX9) is specifically expressed in male differentiating Sertoli cells during chicken gonadal development...
- Zákány R, Szijgyarto Z, Matta C, Juhasz T, Csortos C, Szucs K, et al. Hydrogen peroxide inhibits formation of cartilage in chicken micromass cultures and decreases the activity of calcineurin: implication of ERK1/2 and Sox9 pathways. Exp Cell Res. 2005;305:190-9 pubmed..both the amount of cartilage and the expression of mRNAs of aggrecan and the chondrogenic transcription factor Sox9. Cartilage formation was inhibited by H(2)O(2) in a concentration-dependent manner without loss of cellular ..
- Kamachi Y, Cheah K, Kondoh H. Mechanism of regulatory target selection by the SOX high-mobility-group domain proteins as revealed by comparison of SOX1/2/3 and SOX9. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:107-20 pubmed..the mechanism of target selection by comparing SOX1/2/3, which activate delta-crystallin minimal enhancer DC5, with SOX9, which activates Col2a1 minimal enhancer COL2C2...
- Smith C, McClive P, Hudson Q, Sinclair A. Male-specific cell migration into the developing gonad is a conserved process involving PDGF signalling. Dev Biol. 2005;284:337-50 pubmed..Taken together, these studies indicate that a key cellular event in gonadal sex differentiation is conserved among higher vertebrates, that it involves PDGF signalling, and that in mammals is an indirect effect of Sry expression. ..
- Zelinka C, Scott M, Volkov L, Fischer A. The reactivity, distribution and abundance of Non-astrocytic Inner Retinal Glial (NIRG) cells are regulated by microglia, acute damage, and IGF1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44477 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the abundance, reactivity and retinal distribution of NIRG cells can be dynamic, are regulated by homoestatic mechanisms and are tethered to the microglia. ..
- Theodosiou N, Tabin C. Sox9 and Nkx2.5 determine the pyloric sphincter epithelium under the control of BMP signaling. Dev Biol. 2005;279:481-90 pubmed..In this paper, we show that in the chick, the SRY-related transcription factor Sox9 is a marker for the posterior gizzard...
- Montero J, Lorda Diez C, Francisco Morcillo J, Chimal Monroy J, Garcia Porrero J, Hurle J. Sox9 Expression in Amniotes: Species-Specific Differences in the Formation of Digits. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2017;5:23 pubmed publisher..These facts illustrate the plasticity of embryonic limb autopods. Sox9 is a precocious marker of skeletal differentiation of limb mesenchymal cells...