Gene Symbol: SC1
Description: activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule
Alias: BEN, DM-GRASP, JC7, SC1, BEN glycoprotein, CD166 antigen, SC1 glycoprotein
- Association of BEN glycoprotein expression with climbing fiber axonogenesis in the avian cerebellumO Pourquie
Institut d Embryologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire du CNRS et du College de France, Nogent sur Marne
J Neurosci 12:1548-57. 1992In a previous study, we have identified an avian 100 kDa membrane glycoprotein that we called BEN and demonstrated that it is transiently present in the CNS and PNS on the cell somas and axons of neurons that establish the peripheral ..
- BEN, a surface glycoprotein of the immunoglobulin superfamily, is expressed in a variety of developing systemsO Pourquie
Institut d Embryologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Nogent sur Marne, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:5261-5. 1992We have previously identified a 95- to 100-kDa cell surface glycoprotein, which we named BEN (for bursal epithelium and neurons), that is widely expressed during chicken embryonic development...
- DM-GRASP, a novel immunoglobulin superfamily axonal surface protein that supports neurite extensionF R Burns
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
Neuron 7:209-20. 1991..Consequently we have named this protein DM-GRASP, since it is an immunoglobulin-like restricted axonal surface protein that is expressed in the dorsal funiculus and ventral midline of the chick spinal cord...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a novel adhesion molecule, SC1H Tanaka
Department of Pharmacology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Neuron 7:535-45. 1991b>SC1, an integral membrane glycoprotein of 100 kd, is uniquely and transiently expressed on spinal cord motoneurons early in development and appears in peripheral neurons and several other tissues during development...
- Heterophilic interactions of DM-GRASP: GRASP-NgCAM interactions involved in neurite extensionA P DeBernardo
Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philidelphia 19104, USA
J Cell Biol 133:657-66. 1996..We present two possible models for the DM-GRASP-NgCAM association and a hypothesis for neural cell adhesion function that features the dimerization of cell adhesion molecules...
- Expression and adhesive activity of SC1, an Ig superfamily cell adhesion molecule, in sporadic nephroblastomas of chickenYasuhiro Tsukamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Anatomy, Graduate School of Biology and Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:137-41. 2006b>SC1, an immunoglobulin superfamily cell adhesion molecule, is transiently expressed during avian embryogenesis by a variety of cell types...
- Ubiquitination and endocytosis of cell adhesion molecule DM-GRASP regulate its cell surface presence and affect its role for axon navigationKarsten Thelen
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:32792-801. 2008..Together, our data show that ubiquitination and endocytosis of DM-GRASP in concert regulate its cell surface concentration, which is crucial for its function in axon navigation...