Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPARG
Description: peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma
Alias: PPARgamma, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, peroxisome proliferative activated receptor, gamma
- Hu G, Wang S, Wang Z, Li Y, Li H. Genetic epistasis analysis of 10 peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ?-correlated genes in broiler lines divergently selected for abdominal fat content. Poult Sci. 2010;89:2341-50 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that C/EBP? c.552G>A might be the most important locus contributing to phenotypic variation in AFW among all the polymorphisms detected in this study. ..
- Liu S, Wang Y, Wang L, Wang N, Li Y, Li H. Transdifferentiation of fibroblasts into adipocyte-like cells by chicken adipogenic transcription factors. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2010;156:502-8 pubmed publisher..In mammals, ectopic expression of adipogenic transcription factors C/EBPalpha, PPARgamma and SREBP-1 can induce transdifferentiation of a variety of different cell types into adipocyte-like cells...
- Ding N, Gao Y, Wang N, Li H. Functional analysis of the chicken PPAR? gene 5'-flanking region and C/EBP?-mediated gene regulation. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;158:297-303 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that PPAR? can be directly regulated by C/EBP? in chickens. ..
- Shi H, Zhang Q, Wang Y, Yang P, Wang Q, Li H. Chicken adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein knockdown affects expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? gene during oleate-induced adipocyte differentiation. Poult Sci. 2011;90:1037-44 pubmed publisher..05). The present study suggested that the A-FABP knockdown might lead to decreased lipid accumulation and upregulated expression of PPAR-? in chicken adipocytes. ..
- Sato K, Matsushita K, Matsubara Y, Kamada T, Akiba Y. Adipose tissue fat accumulation is reduced by a single intraperitoneal injection of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist when given to newly hatched chicks. Poult Sci. 2008;87:2281-6 pubmed publisherPeroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) is a transcription factor that regulates adipocyte differentiation and modulates lipid metabolism in mammals...
- Mu Y, Li H, Ding N, Wang Q, Wang Y, Wang S, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma gene: a key regulator of adipocyte differentiation in chickens. Poult Sci. 2008;87:226-32 pubmed publisher..The current study was designed to investigate the function and regulatory mechanism of PPARgamma in chicken adipogenesis by RNA interference...
- Huang J, Zhang Y, Zhou Y, Wan X, Zhang J. Effects of epigallocatechin gallate on lipid metabolism and its underlying molecular mechanism in broiler chickens. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). 2015;99:719-27 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that EGCG could alleviate fat deposition in broilers through inhibiting fat anabolism and stimulating lipid catabolism in broilers. ..
- Duan K, Sun Y, Zhang X, Zhang T, Zhang W, Zhang J, et al. Identification and characterization of transcript variants of chicken peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. Poult Sci. 2015;94:2516-27 pubmed publisher..05). This is the first report of transcript variants and protein isoforms of cPPARÎ³ gene. Our findings provided a foundation for future investigations of the function and regulation of cPPARÎ³ gene in adipose tissue development. ..
- Takada I, Yu R, Xu H, Lambert M, Montana V, Kliewer S, et al. Alteration of a single amino acid in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR alpha) generates a PPAR delta phenotype. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:733-40 pubmed