Gene Symbol: ovotransferrin
Description: transferrin (ovotransferrin)
Alias: LTF, TFEW, conalbumin, allergen Gal d III, lactotransferrin, ovotransferrin, ovotransferrin BB type, ovotransferrin BC type, ovotransferrin CC type, serum transferrin
- pH-dependent conformational transitions in conalbumin (ovotransferrin), a metalloproteinase from hen egg whiteGulam Rabbani
Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202 002, India
Cell Biochem Biophys 61:551-60. 2011Acid unfolding pathway of conalbumin (CA), a monomeric glycoprotein from hen egg white, has been investigated using far- and near-UV CD spectroscopy, intrinsic fluorescence emission, extrinsic fluorescence probe 1-anilino-8-napthalene ..
- Structural evidence for a pH-sensitive dilysine trigger in the hen ovotransferrin N-lobe: implications for transferrin iron releaseJ C Dewan
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
Biochemistry 32:11963-8. 1993..The structure of the monoferric N-terminal half-molecule of hen ovotransferrin, reported here at 2...
- Crystal structure of hen apo-ovotransferrin. Both lobes adopt an open conformation upon loss of ironH Kurokawa
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:28445-52. 1999The three-dimensional crystal structure of hen apo-ovotransferrin has been solved by molecular replacement and refined by simulated annealing and restrained least squares to a 3.0-A resolution...
- Extracellular fatty acid binding protein (Ex-FABP) modulation by inflammatory agents: "physiological" acute phase response in endochondral bone formationS Cermelli
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Centro di Biotecnologie Avanzate, Genova Italy
Eur J Cell Biol 79:155-64. 2000..We also suggest that during endochondral bone formation other responses characteristic of a local inflammatory status, such as gelatinase production and angiogenic factor secretion, are "physiologically" activated...
- Extraction and quantification by ELISA of eggshell organic matrix proteins (ovocleidin-17, ovalbumin, ovotransferrin) in shell from young and old hensM Panheleux
Station de Recherches Avicoles, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Nouzilly, France
Poult Sci 79:580-8. 2000..of these proteins as biomarkers of eggshell quality by developing a competitive indirect ELISA for quantifying ovotransferrin, ovalbumin, and ovocleidin-17 in eggshell extract...
- The effect of avian uterine fluid on the growth behavior of calcite crystalsJ M Dominguez-Vera
Department de Quimica Inorganica, University of Granada, Spain
Poult Sci 79:901-7. 2000..The predominant constituents were ovalbumin and ovotransferrin at the initial phase and lysozyme, ovocleidin-17, ovocalyxin-32, 36- and 21-kDa bands, and ovocleidin-116 at ..
- Iron-binding process in the amino- and carboxyl-terminal lobes of ovotransferrin: quantitative studies utilizing single Fe3+-binding mutantsIkuko Okamoto
Division of Applied Life Sciences, The Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Biochemistry 43:11118-25. 2004Iron-liganding-residue mutants of ovotransferrin, Y191F and Y524F, were investigated for their Fe(3+)-binding properties...
- Ovotransferrin is a redox-dependent autoprocessing protein incorporating four consensus self-cleaving motifs flanking the two kringlesHisham Radwan Ibrahim
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1760:347-55. 2006..In this study, we found that ovotransferrin (OTf), the second major protein in egg albumin, undergoes autocleavage at distinct sites upon reduction with ..
- Identification of eggshell membrane proteins and purification of ovotransferrin and beta-NAGase from hen egg whiteG J Ahlborn
Department of Food Science, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 27695, USA
Protein J 25:71-81. 2006..associated with the ESM activity have been identified including beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase, lysozyme and ovotransferrin, with each displaying varying degrees of antibacterial activity...
- Identification of novel antioxidative peptides derived from a thermolytic hydrolysate of ovotransferrin by LC-MS/MSShengwen Shen
4 10 Agriculture Forestry Centre, Department of Agricultural and Food Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2P5
J Agric Food Chem 58:7664-72. 2010b>Ovotransferrin is a glycoprotein well-known for its iron-binding property. Ovotransferrin was reported to have antioxidative properties, but the presence of antioxidant peptides within the protein has not been reported...
- Unexpected differences in the behavior of ovotransferrin at the air-water interface at pH 6.5 and 8.0Cécile Le Floch-Fouéré
INRA, UMR1253 Science et Technologie du Lait et de l Œuf, F 35042 Rennes, France
J Colloid Interface Sci 356:614-23. 2011Adsorption of purified apo-ovotransferrin at the air-water interface was studied by ellipsometry, surface tension, polarization-modulation infrared reflection-absorption spectroscopy (PM-IRRAS), and shear elastic constant measurements...
- Change in glycosylation of chicken transferrin glycans biosynthesized during embryogenesis and primary culture of embryo hepatocytesP M Jacquinot
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique n 111, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Glycobiology 4:617-24. 1994..In particular, the embryo serum transferrin glycan differed from that of chicken serum transferrin by the presence of a bisecting N-acetylglucosamine, ..
- Crystal structure of diferric hen ovotransferrin at 2.4 A resolutionH Kurokawa
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Japan
J Mol Biol 254:196-207. 1995..The overall structure of ovotransferrin is similar to those of human lactoferrin and rabbit serum transferrin, being folded into two homologous lobes, each containing two dissimilar domains with one Fe3+ and one CO3(2)-..
- Investigation by 360-MHz 1H-nuclear-magnetic-resonance spectroscopy and methylation analysis of the single glycan chain of chicken ovotransferrinL Dorland
Eur J Biochem 100:569-74. 1979The primary structure of two glycopeptides obtained by pronase digestion of chicken ovotransferrin has been investigated by 360-MHz proton nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and methylation analysis...
- Identical precursors for serum transferrin and egg white conalbuminS N Thibodeau
J Biol Chem 253:3771-4. 1978The NH2-terminal sequences of egg white conalbumin and chicken serum transferrin were examined and found to be identical...
- The amino acid sequence of a carbohydrate-containing fragment of hen ovotransferrinI B Kingston
Biochem J 147:463-72. 19751. Hen ovotransferrin was treated with CNBr and fractionated by gel filtration. 2. After further treatment by reduction and carboxymethylation a carbohydrate-containing fragment of molecular weight 11990 was obtained (fragment BCd). 3...
- Iron transport and storageR R Crichton
Eur J Biochem 164:485-506. 1987
- Sequence of the chicken ovotransferrin geneJ M Jeltsch
INSERM U184, Faculte de Medecine, Strasbourg, France
Nucleic Acids Res 15:7643-5. 1987
- The amino acid sequences of cysteic acid-containing peptides from performic acid-oxidized ovotransferrinT C Elleman
Biochem J 116:515-32. 19701. The half-cystine content of ovotransferrin, measured as cysteic acid, was 31mol/80000g of protein. 2. The amino acid sequences of cysteic acid-containing peptides from performic acid-oxidized ovotransferrin were studied. 3...
- The primary structure of hen ovotransferrinJ Williams
Eur J Biochem 122:297-303. 1982Peptide sequences obtained from hen ovotransferrin are compared with the complete amino acid sequence of the protein deduced from a cDNA sequence (Jeltsch and Chambon, preceding paper)...
- The complete nucleotide sequence of the chicken ovotransferrin mRNAJ M Jeltsch
Eur J Biochem 122:291-5. 1982..S., Lee, D. C., Mayo, K. E., and Palmiter, R. D. (1979) Nucleic Acids Res. 6, 2435-2452] of chicken ovotransferrin (conalbumin) mRNA has been determined. Taking into account the previously reported 5'-end sequence [Cochet, M...
- Organization and sequence studies of the 17-piece chicken conalbumin geneM Cochet
Nature 282:567-74. 1979The conalbumin gene has been cloned and shown to consist of at least 17 exons approximately 60-200 base pairs long...