Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LECT2
Description: leukocyte cell derived chemotaxin 2
Alias: MIM1, myeloid protein 1, myeloid protein (mim-1), p33
- Ness S, Marknell A, Graf T. The v-myb oncogene product binds to and activates the promyelocyte-specific mim-1 gene. Cell. 1989;59:1115-25 pubmed..We conclude that mim-1 is a cellular gene that is directly regulated by the product of the v-myb oncogene...
- Chayka O, Kintscher J, Braas D, Klempnauer K. v-Myb mediates cooperation of a cell-specific enhancer with the mim-1 promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:499-511 pubmed
- Zhao X, Jain S, Benjamin Larman H, Gonzalez S, Irvine D. Directed cell migration via chemoattractants released from degradable microspheres. Biomaterials. 2005;26:5048-63 pubmed..Such microspheres could be of general interest for the design of vaccines that promote adaptive immunity and as a platform for studying the biology of chemotaxis in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Terashima M, Badruzzaman M, Tsuchiya M, Shimoyama M. Exocytosis of arginine-specific ADP-ribosyltransferase and p33 induced by A23187 and calcium or serum-opsonized zymosan in chicken polymorphonuclear leukocytes. J Biochem. 1996;120:1209-15 pubmed..4.2.31] and its target protein p33 (mim-1 protein) in cytoplasmic granules in chicken polymorphonuclear leukocytes (so-called heterophils) [Mishima, K...
- Sandberg M, Sutton S, Pletcher M, Wiltshire T, Tarantino L, Hogenesch J, et al. c-Myb and p300 regulate hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and differentiation. Dev Cell. 2005;8:153-66 pubmed..Cell cycle analyses show that twice as many HSCs from c-Myb(M303V/M303V) animals are actively cycling. Thus c-Myb, through interaction with p300, controls the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. ..
- Plachetka A, Chayka O, Wilczek C, Melnik S, Bonifer C, Klempnauer K. C/EBPbeta induces chromatin opening at a cell-type-specific enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2102-12 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a novel function for C/EBPbeta in the initial steps of a localized chromatin opening at a specific, physiologically relevant target region. ..