Gene Symbol: interferon gamma
Description: interferon, gamma
Alias: IFN-gamma, interferon gamma, interferon-gama
- Cloning and expression of the chicken interferon-gamma geneM R Digby
CSIRO Division of Animal Health, Animal Health Research Laboratory, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Interferon Cytokine Res 15:939-45. 1995..These findings show that the emergence of the two principal types of IFN predates the divergence of avians and mammals that occurred some 350 million years ago...
- Biological properties of recombinant chicken interferon-gammaK C Weining
Abteilung Virologie, University of Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 26:2440-7. 1996....
- Structure of the chicken interferon-gamma gene, and comparison to mammalian homologuesP Kaiser
Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Berkshire, UK
Gene 207:25-32. 1998..However, promoter sequence polymorphisms between different inbred lines of chickens have been identified, with possible links to disease resistance...
- Effects of supplemental chromium on interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) mRNA expression in response to Newcastle disease vaccine in broiler chickenJanet Bhagat
Division of Nutrition and Feed Technology, Central Avian Research Institute, Izatnagar 243122, Bareilly, India
Res Vet Sci 85:46-51. 2008..Thus, the supplementation of chromium at appropriate dose might be helpful to enhance the IFN-gamma mRNA expression in response to NDV...
- Pivotal role of ChIFNgamma in the pathogenesis and immunosuppression of infectious bursal diseaseFabienne Rauw
Avian Virology and Immunology Unit, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Ukkel Brussels, Belgium
Avian Pathol 36:367-74. 2007..In conclusion, a ChIFNgamma dysregulation occurs in chickens infected with IBDV and the overproduction of ChIFNgamma by T lymphocytes plays a key role in the pathogenesis and immunosuppression induced by this virus...
- Infectious Bronchitis Virus induces acute interferon-gamma production through polyclonal stimulation of chicken leukocytesMark P Ariaans
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Virology 385:68-73. 2009..These results indicate that IBV acts as a polyclonal stimulus, inducing a rapid production of IFN-gamma even without previous exposure to the virus...
- Contrasting evolution of diversity at two disease-associated chicken genesTim Downing
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Immunogenetics 61:303-14. 2009....