Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EGFR
Description: epidermal growth factor receptor
Alias: c-erbB, epidermal growth factor receptor, CER, epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog, avian)
- Nilsen T, Maroney P, Goodwin R, Rottman F, Crittenden L, Raines M, et al. c-erbB activation in ALV-induced erythroblastosis: novel RNA processing and promoter insertion result in expression of an amino-truncated EGF receptor. Cell. 1985;41:719-26 pubmed..These results establish a novel pathway of promoter insertion oncogenesis that stands in contrast to the pathways used in the activation of c-myc in B lymphomas...
- Chesters P, Howes K, Petherbridge L, Evans S, Payne L, Venugopal K. The viral envelope is a major determinant for the induction of lymphoid and myeloid tumours by avian leukosis virus subgroups A and J, respectively. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:2553-61 pubmed..Induction of both LL and ML by the two chimeric viruses occurred through the activation of c-myc, while the EB tumours were induced by activation of the c-erbB oncogene...
- Omi M, Fisher M, Maihle N, Dealy C. Studies on epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in vertebrate limb patterning. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:288-300 pubmedThe epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) regulates multiple patterning events in Drosophila limb development, but its role in vertebrate limb morphogenesis has received little attention...
- Flickinger T, Maihle N, Kung H. An alternatively processed mRNA from the avian c-erbB gene encodes a soluble, truncated form of the receptor that can block ligand-dependent transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:883-93 pubmedAt least four major transcripts are produced by the avian c-erbB/epidermal growth factor receptor gene. cDNAs corresponding to the smallest one, a 2.6-kb transcript, were isolated from an adult chicken liver cDNA library...
- Lax I, Johnson A, Howk R, Sap J, Bellot F, Winkler M, et al. Chicken epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor: cDNA cloning, expression in mouse cells, and differential binding of EGF and transforming growth factor alpha. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:1970-8 pubmed..The differential binding and potency of mammalian EGF and TGF-alpha by the avian EGF receptor contrasts with the similar affinities of the mammalian receptor for the two growth factors. ..
- Suh H, Lee Y, Han H. Interleukin-6 promotes 2-deoxyglucose uptake through p44/42 MAPKs activation via Ca2+/PKC and EGF receptor in primary cultured chicken hepatocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2009;218:643-52 pubmed publisher..In addition, IL-6 increased EGFR/src/FAK, PI3K/Akt phosphorylation and 2-DG uptake as well as GLUT-2 protein expression, which were blocked by AG ..
- Pecenka V, Pajer P, Karafiat V, Kasparová P, Dudlová J, Dvorak M. HRAS, EGFR, MET, and RON Genes Are Recurrently Activated by Provirus Insertion in Liver Tumors Induced by the Retrovirus Myeloblastosis-Associated Virus 2. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..86% of these tumors, MAV-2 provirus had integrated into one of four gene loci: HRAS, EGFR, MET, and RON Insertionally mutated genes correlated with tumor type: HRAS was hit in HHSs,..