Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CTNNB1
Description: catenin beta 1
Alias: CHBCAT, catenin beta-1, beta catenin, catenin (cadherin-associated protein), beta 1, 88kDa
- Isolation and characterization of chicken beta-cateninJ Lu
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Gene 196:201-7. 1997..In-situ hybridization and immunostaining showed that in the developing limb, it is specifically expressed in the apical ectodermal ridge, suggesting a role in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions...
- Sustained Wnt/β-catenin signalling causes neuroepithelial aberrations through the accumulation of aPKC at the apical poleAntonio Herrera
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona, CSIC IDIBAPS, Rossello 161, Barcelona 08036, Spain
Nat Commun 5:4168. 2014..Therefore, we conclude that β-catenin controls the cell fate and polarity of the neuroblasts through the expression and localization of aPKC. ..
- Hormonal regulation of beta-catenin during development of the avian oviduct and its expression in epithelial cell-derived ovarian carcinogenesisSeung Min Bae
WCU Biomodulation Major, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, 1 Gwanak ro, Gwanak Gu, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Endocrinol 382:46-54. 2014Beta-catenin (CTNNB1) is a dual function molecule that acts as a key component of the cadherin complex and WNT signaling pathway. It has a crucial role in embryogenesis, tumorigenesis, angiogenesis and progression of metastasis...
- Sex-specific expression of CTNNB1 in the gonadal morphogenesis of the chickenSeung Min Bae
Division of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 713, Republic of Korea
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 11:89. 2013Beta-catenin (CTNNB1), as a key transcriptional regulator in the WNT signal transduction cascade, plays a pivotal role in multiple biological functions such as embryonic development and homeostasis in adults...
- Shaping organs by a wingless-int/Notch/nonmuscle myosin module which orients feather bud elongationAng Li
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1452-61. 2013....
- Interactions between β-catenin and the HSlo potassium channel regulates HSlo surface expressionShumin Bian
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28264. 2011..Prior work has shown that Slo, through its S10 region, interacts with β-catenin, a key component of the cytoskeleton framework and the Wnt signaling pathway. However, the physiological significance of this interaction was not clear...
- Cables links Robo-bound Abl kinase to N-cadherin-bound beta-catenin to mediate Slit-induced modulation of adhesion and transcriptionJinseol Rhee
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1324, USA
Nat Cell Biol 9:883-92. 2007..Thus, Slit-induced formation of the Robo-N-cadherin complex results in a rapid loss of cadherin-mediated adhesion and has more lasting effects on gene transcription...
- The promoting effect of retinoic acid on proliferation of chicken primordial germ cells by increased expression of cadherin and cateninsMinli Yu
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemic Etiology and Immunological Prevention of the Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, No 268 Kaixuan Road, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Amino Acids 40:933-41. 2011..These results indicate that RA, as a bioactive metabolite of vitamin A, may promote PGC proliferation and increase intercellular aggregation of PGCs via E-cadherin and α/β-catenins expression through the PKC signaling pathway...
- Stage-specific control of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF/CCN2) expression in chondrocytes by Sox9 and beta-cateninBau Lin Huang
Department of Oral Biology, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 285:27702-12. 2010..Hence, we propose that differential occupancy of the TCF x LEF x Sox9 site by Sox9 versus beta-catenin restricts high levels of Ccn2 expression to hypertrophic chondrocytes...
- Regulation of cadherin expression in the chicken neural crest by the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathwayAbha J Chalpe
Department of Biology, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD, USA
Cell Adh Migr 4:431-8. 2010....
- SOX5 controls cell cycle progression in neural progenitors by interfering with the WNT-beta-catenin pathwayPatricia L Martinez-Morales
Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Doctor Arce 37, 28002 Madrid, Spain
EMBO Rep 11:466-72. 2010..We propose that SOX5 regulates the timing of cell cycle exit by opposing WNT-beta-catenin activity on cell cycle progression...
- Identification of responsive cells in the developing somite supports a role for beta-catenin-dependent Wnt signaling in maintaining the DML myogenic progenitor poolIan Brauner
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Dev Dyn 239:222-36. 2010....
- Transforming growth factor-beta3-induced Smad signaling regulates actin reorganization during chondrogenesis of chick leg bud mesenchymal cellsDongkyun Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Chunbuk, South Korea
J Cell Biochem 107:622-9. 2009..Biochem. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.This article was published online on 28 May 2009. An error was subsequently identified. This notice is included in the online and print versions to indicate that both have been corrected 8 June 2009...
- Endoglin and Alk5 regulate epithelial-mesenchymal transformation during cardiac valve formationMelania E Mercado-Pimentel
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Ave, P O Box 245044, Tucson, AZ 85724 5044, USA
Dev Biol 304:420-32. 2007....
- Interplay of Fli-I and FLAP1 for regulation of beta-catenin dependent transcriptionYoung Ho Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, 1333 San Pablo Avenue, MCA 51A, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:5052-9. 2006....
- Wnt2b/beta-catenin-mediated canonical Wnt signaling determines the peripheral fates of the chick eyeSeo Hee Cho
Department of Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 133:3167-77. 2006..Because wingless (wg) plays a similar role in the induction of peripheral eye tissues of Drosophila, these findings indicate a possible conservation of the process that patterns the photoreceptive and support structures of the eye...
- Differential use of functional domains by coiled-coil coactivator in its synergistic coactivator function with beta-catenin or GRIP1Catherine K Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3389-97. 2006..Thus, CoCoA uses different combinations of functional domains to serve as a physiologically relevant component of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and the androgen signaling pathway...
- BMP-2-modulated chondrogenic differentiation in vitro involves down-regulation of membrane-bound beta-cateninWei V Zhang
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Cell Commun Adhes 11:89-102. 2004..b>Beta catenin mediated nuclear signaling has been implicated in BMP-2-modulated chondrogenic differentiation in the ..
- Cellular localization and signaling activity of beta-catenin in migrating neural crest cellsAnnemieke A de Melker
Laboratoire de Biologie du Developpement, CNRS et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Dev Dyn 230:708-26. 2004....
- Dynamic expression of Lef/Tcf family members and beta-catenin during chick gastrulation, neurulation, and early limb developmentMaike Schmidt
University of Dundee, School of Life Sciences Biocentre, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 229:703-7. 2004....
- Wnt2b controls retinal cell differentiation at the ciliary marginal zoneFumi Kubo
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa Oiwake cho, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Development 130:587-98. 2003..These results suggest that Wnt2b functions to maintain undifferentiated progenitor cells in the ciliary marginal zone, and thus serves as a putative stem cell factor in the retina...
- WNT signals control FGF-dependent limb initiation and AER induction in the chick embryoY Kawakami
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Gene Expression Laboratory, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell 104:891-900. 2001..Thus, three WNT signals mediated by beta-catenin control both limb initiation and AER induction in the vertebrate embryo...
- Developmental regulation of Wnt/beta-catenin signals is required for growth plate assembly, cartilage integrity, and endochondral ossificationYoshihiro Tamamura
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19185-95. 2005....
- Frzb modulates Wnt-9a-mediated beta-catenin signaling during avian atrioventricular cardiac cushion developmentAnthony D Person
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University Medical Center, University of Arizona School of Medicine, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, PO Box 245044, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Dev Biol 278:35-48. 2005..Together, these data argue that Wnt-9a and Frzb regulate mesenchymal cell proliferation leading to proper AV canal cushion outgrowth and remodeling in the developing avian heart...