Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CTNNB1
Description: catenin beta 1
Alias: CHBCAT, catenin beta-1, beta catenin, catenin (cadherin-associated protein), beta 1, 88kDa
- Kubo F, Takeichi M, Nakagawa S. Wnt2b controls retinal cell differentiation at the ciliary marginal zone. Development. 2003;130:587-98 pubmed..These results suggest that Wnt2b functions to maintain undifferentiated progenitor cells in the ciliary marginal zone, and thus serves as a putative stem cell factor in the retina. ..
- Cho S, Cepko C. Wnt2b/beta-catenin-mediated canonical Wnt signaling determines the peripheral fates of the chick eye. Development. 2006;133:3167-77 pubmed..Because wingless (wg) plays a similar role in the induction of peripheral eye tissues of Drosophila, these findings indicate a possible conservation of the process that patterns the photoreceptive and support structures of the eye. ..
- Lee Y, Stallcup M. Interplay of Fli-I and FLAP1 for regulation of beta-catenin dependent transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:5052-9 pubmed
- Herrera A, Saade M, Menendez A, Marti E, Pons S. Sustained Wnt/?-catenin signalling causes neuroepithelial aberrations through the accumulation of aPKC at the apical pole. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4168 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that ?-catenin controls the cell fate and polarity of the neuroblasts through the expression and localization of aPKC...
- Yu M, Guan K, Zhang C. The promoting effect of retinoic acid on proliferation of chicken primordial germ cells by increased expression of cadherin and catenins. Amino Acids. 2011;40:933-41 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that RA, as a bioactive metabolite of vitamin A, may promote PGC proliferation and increase intercellular aggregation of PGCs via E-cadherin and ?/?-catenins expression through the PKC signaling pathway. ..
- Mercado Pimentel M, Hubbard A, Runyan R. Endoglin and Alk5 regulate epithelial-mesenchymal transformation during cardiac valve formation. Dev Biol. 2007;304:420-32 pubmed
- Yang C, Kim J, Li H, Stallcup M. Differential use of functional domains by coiled-coil coactivator in its synergistic coactivator function with beta-catenin or GRIP1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3389-97 pubmed..Thus, CoCoA uses different combinations of functional domains to serve as a physiologically relevant component of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and the androgen signaling pathway. ..
- Bae S, Lim W, Jeong W, Lee J, Kim J, Bazer F, et al. Sex-specific expression of CTNNB1 in the gonadal morphogenesis of the chicken. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2013;11:89 pubmed publisherBeta-catenin (CTNNB1), as a key transcriptional regulator in the WNT signal transduction cascade, plays a pivotal role in multiple biological functions such as embryonic development and homeostasis in adults...
- Jourdeuil K, Franz Odendaal T. Gene expression analysis during the induction and patterning of the conjunctival papillae in the chick embryonic eye. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;22:30-36 pubmed publisher..This study also outlines the similarities between the conjunctival papillae and other placodes and may provide insights into the evolution and development of the conjunctival papillae. ..
- Bae S, Lim W, Jeong W, Lee J, Kim J, Han J, et al. Hormonal regulation of beta-catenin during development of the avian oviduct and its expression in epithelial cell-derived ovarian carcinogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;382:46-54 pubmed publisherBeta-catenin (CTNNB1) is a dual function molecule that acts as a key component of the cadherin complex and WNT signaling pathway. It has a crucial role in embryogenesis, tumorigenesis, angiogenesis and progression of metastasis...
- Bian S, Bai J, Chapin H, Le Moellic C, Dong H, Caplan M, et al. Interactions between ?-catenin and the HSlo potassium channel regulates HSlo surface expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28264 pubmed publisher..These studies identify for the first time a central role for ?-catenin in mediating Slo surface expression. Additionally we show that Slo overexpression can lead to downregulation of Wnt signaling...
- Huang B, Brugger S, Lyons K. Stage-specific control of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF/CCN2) expression in chondrocytes by Sox9 and beta-catenin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27702-12 pubmed publisher..Hence, we propose that differential occupancy of the TCF x LEF x Sox9 site by Sox9 versus beta-catenin restricts high levels of Ccn2 expression to hypertrophic chondrocytes. ..
- Chalpe A, Prasad M, Henke A, Paulson A. Regulation of cadherin expression in the chicken neural crest by the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Cell Adh Migr. 2010;4:431-8 pubmed
- Kawakami Y, Capdevila J, Buscher D, Itoh T, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J. WNT signals control FGF-dependent limb initiation and AER induction in the chick embryo. Cell. 2001;104:891-900 pubmed..Thus, three WNT signals mediated by beta-catenin control both limb initiation and AER induction in the vertebrate embryo. ..