Genomes and Genes
connexin 45 6
Gene Symbol: connexin 45 6
Description: gap junction protein alpha 8
Alias: Cx45.6, Cx50, connexin-45.6, gap junction alpha-8 protein, connexin 45.6, connexin 50
Products: connexin 45 6
- Shi Q, Banks E, Yu X, Gu S, Lauer J, Fields G, et al. Amino acid residue Val362 plays a critical role in maintaining the structure of C terminus of connexin 50 and in lens epithelial-fiber differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18415-22 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that deletion of the PEST motif at the C terminus (CT) domain of Cx50 attenuates the stimulatory effect of Cx50 on lens fiber differentiation...
- Pinto B, García I, Pupo A, Retamal M, Martinez A, Latorre R, et al. Charged Residues at the First Transmembrane Region Contribute to the Voltage Dependence of the Slow Gate of Connexins. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:15740-52 pubmed publisher..Here, we determined the role of the charged residues at the end of TM-1 in voltage sensing in Cx26, Cx46, and Cx50. Conductance/voltage curves obtained from tail currents together with kinetics analysis reveal that the fast and ..
- Banks E, Yu X, Shi Q, Jiang J. Promotion of lens epithelial-fiber differentiation by the C-terminus of connexin 45.6 a role independent of gap junction communication. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3602-12 pubmed..Here, we took advantage of naturally occurring loss-of-gap-junction function mutations of Cx50 (ortholog of chick Cx45.6) and generated the corresponding site mutants in Cx45.6: Cx45.6(D47A) and Cx45.6(P88S)...
- Dong L, Liu X, Li H, Vertel B, Ebihara L. Role of the N-terminus in permeability of chicken connexin45.6 gap junctional channels. J Physiol. 2006;576:787-99 pubmedPrevious studies have shown that gap junctional channels formed from the lens connexins Cx50 (or its chicken orthologue, Cx45.6) and Cx43 exhibit marked differences in transjunctional voltage gating and unitary conductance...
- Liu J, Ek Vitorin J, Weintraub S, Gu S, Shi Q, Burt J, et al. Phosphorylation of connexin 50 by protein kinase A enhances gap junction and hemichannel function. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16914-28 pubmed publisher..Here, we showed by mass spectrometry that Ser-395 in the C terminus of chicken Cx50 was phosphorylated in the lens. Ser-395 is located within a PKA consensus site...
- Wang K, Gu S, Yin X, Weintraub S, Hua Z, Jiang J. Developmental truncations of connexin 50 by caspases adaptively regulate gap junctions/hemichannels and protect lens cells against ultraviolet radiation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15786-97 pubmed publisher..We have shown previously that Cx50 is likely to be cleaved by caspase-3 like protease during chick lens development...