Gene Symbol: AR
Description: androgen receptor
Alias: androgen receptor (dihydrotestosterone receptor; testicular feminization; spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy; Kennedy disease)
- Cell-specific distributions of estrogen receptor alpha (ERα) and androgen receptor (AR) in anterior pituitary glands from adult cockerels as revealed by immunohistochemistryDehao Sun
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cell Tissue Res 348:551-8. 2012..However, the expression of estrogen receptors (ERs) and the androgen receptor (AR) and the cell types containing ERs and AR in the anterior pituitary gland of adult chickens have not been well-..
- Cloning and expression analysis of androgen receptor gene in chicken embryogenesisHironori Katoh
Center for Animal Resources and Development CARD, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Honjo 2 2 1, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:1607-15. 2006We cloned a full-length androgen receptor (AR) cDNA from chicken (Gallus gallus) gonads. The cDNA sequence has an open reading frame of 2109 bp encoding 703 amino acids...
- Vitamin D3 and androgen receptors in testis and epididymal region of roosters (Gallus domesticus) as affected by epididymal lithiasisAndré G Oliveira
Department of Morphology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 109:343-55. 2008..To evaluate the potential impact of androgen reduction, changes in androgen receptor (AR) were also investigated...
- Vocal area-related expression of the androgen receptor in the budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus) brainEiji Matsunaga
Laboratory for Biolinguistics, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako, Japan
Brain Res 1208:87-94. 2008....
- Androgen receptor in the neural tube of the mouse and chicken embryoCarmen Mendez
Departamento de Embriología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico
Neuroreport 20:513-6. 2009..5-day mouse embryos and chicken embryos at stages 8-17 of Hamburger and Hamilton. The androgen receptor protein was located in the nucleus of neuroepithelial cells throughout the neural tube...