Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHD1
- Structural polymorphism of chromodomains in Chd1Masahiko Okuda
Graduate School of Supramolecular Biology, Yokohama City University, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Mol Biol 365:1047-62. 2007..Chromo-helicase/ATPase DNA-binding protein 1 (CHD1) is an ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling factor, containing two tandem chromodomains...
- The chromodomains of the Chd1 chromatin remodeler regulate DNA access to the ATPase motorGlenn Hauk
TC Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218 2685, USA
Mol Cell 39:711-23. 2010..Here we show that the double chromodomain unit of the Chd1 remodeler blocks DNA binding and activation of the ATPase motor in the absence of nucleosome substrates...
- A role for Chd1 and Set2 in negatively regulating DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeDebabrata Biswas
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genetics 178:649-59. 2008..This HU sensitivity can be suppressed by disruptions of the SET2 or CHD1 genes, encoding a histone H3(K36) methyltransferase and a chromatin remodeling factor, respectively...
- Characterization of the imitation switch subfamily of ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling factors in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeT Tsukiyama
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 13:686-97. 1999..Null mutations of ISW1, ISW2, and CHD1 genes cause synthetic lethality in various stress conditions in yeast cells, revealing the first in vivo functions ..
- Histone modifications influence the action of Snf2 family remodelling enzymes by different mechanismsHelder Ferreira
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Mol Biol 374:563-79. 2007..strategy to generate specifically modified chromatin templates and used these to study the interaction of the Chd1, Isw2 and RSC remodelling complexes with differentially acetylated nucleosomes...
- Analysis of nucleosome repositioning by yeast ISWI and Chd1 chromatin remodeling complexesChris Stockdale
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:16279-88. 2006..We find that the yeast Isw1a, Isw2, and Chd1 enzymes preferentially move nucleosomes toward more central locations on short DNA fragments whereas Isw1b does not...
- Nucleosome remodeling and transcriptional repression are distinct functions of Isw1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMarina Pinskaya
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 29:2419-30. 2009..Thus, chromatin remodeling and transcriptional repression are distinct activities of Isw1...
- Human but not yeast CHD1 binds directly and selectively to histone H3 methylated at lysine 4 via its tandem chromodomainsRobert J Sims
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41789-92. 2005..In the current study, we identify human CHD1, an ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling protein, as a factor that directly and selectively recognizes histone H3 ..
- A role for chromatin remodeling in transcriptional termination by RNA polymerase IIClaudia Alén
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, OX1 3RE, Oxford, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 10:1441-52. 2002..We suggest that chromatin remodeling of termination regions is a necessary prelude to efficient Pol II termination...
- The chromo domain protein chd1p from budding yeast is an ATP-dependent chromatin-modifying factorH G Tran
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
EMBO J 19:2323-31. 2000..In higher eukaryotes, there are two distinct subfamilies of CHD proteins: CHD1 and CHD3/4...
- Chd1 and yFACT act in opposition in regulating transcriptionDebabrata Biswas
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 15 N Medical Drive East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6279-87. 2007b>CHD1 encodes an ATP-dependent chromatin remodeler with two chromodomains...
- Lte1, Cdc14 and MEN-controlled Cdk inactivation in yeast coordinate rDNA decompaction with late telophase progressionElisa Varela
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 28:1562-75. 2009..This may argue that different levels of Cdk inactivation control spindle disassembly and chromatin decompaction. Mutation of lte1 also impaired rotation of the nucleus in early G1...
- Histone H3K4 and K36 methylation, Chd1 and Rpd3S oppose the functions of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Spt4-Spt5 in transcriptionTiffani Kiyoko Quan
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Genetics 184:321-34. 2010..in genes encoding members of the Paf1 complex, which regulates several cotranscriptional histone modifications, and Chd1, a chromatin remodeling enzyme...
- The DNA-binding domain of the Chd1 chromatin-remodelling enzyme contains SANT and SLIDE domainsDaniel P Ryan
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
EMBO J 30:2596-609. 2011The ATP-dependent chromatin-remodelling enzyme Chd1 is a 168-kDa protein consisting of a double chromodomain, Snf2-related ATPase domain, and a C-terminal DNA-binding domain...
- A role for Snf2-related nucleosome-spacing enzymes in genome-wide nucleosome organizationTriantaffyllos Gkikopoulos
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
Science 333:1758-60. 2011..Here, we show that the combined action of Isw1 and Chd1 nucleosome-spacing enzymes is required to maintain this organization...
- Retrotransposon target site selection by imitation of a cellular proteinTroy L Brady
1035A Roy J Carver Co Laboratory, Department of Genetics, Development, and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1230-9. 2008..We conclude that Ty5 targets integration by imitating the Esc1-Sir4 interaction and suggest molecular mimicry as a general mechanism that enables mobile elements to interface with cellular processes...
- Rtf1 is a multifunctional component of the Paf1 complex that regulates gene expression by directing cotranscriptional histone modificationMarcie H Warner
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 269 Crawford Hall, 4249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6103-15. 2007..nonoverlapping segments of Rtf1 are necessary for interaction with the ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling protein Chd1, promoting covalent modification of histones H2B and H3, recruitment to active ORFs, and association with other ..
- Synthetic lethal interactions suggest a role for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rtf1 protein in transcription elongationP J Costa
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Genetics 156:535-47. 2000..Collectively, our results suggest that Rtf1 may function as a novel transcription elongation factor in yeast...
- Interactions of Isw2 chromatin remodeling complex with nucleosomal arrays: analyses using recombinant yeast histones and immobilized templatesM E Gelbart
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:2098-106. 2001..These results demonstrate the utility of our in vitro system in studying interactions between chromatin-associated proteins and nucleosomal arrays...
- Chromatin remodeling protein Chd1 interacts with transcription elongation factors and localizes to transcribed genesRajna Simic
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
EMBO J 22:1846-56. 2003..Here, we present evidence that the Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromatin remodeling factor Chd1 functions during transcription elongation...
- Chd1 chromodomain links histone H3 methylation with SAGA- and SLIK-dependent acetylationMarilyn G Pray-Grant
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Nature 433:434-8. 2005..Here we identify the chromatin remodelling protein Chd1 (chromo-ATPase/helicase-DNA binding domain 1) as a component of SAGA and SLIK...
- Altered nucleosome occupancy and histone H3K4 methylation in response to 'transcriptional stress'Lian Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, UCHSC at Fitzsimons, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
EMBO J 24:2379-90. 2005..H3K4Me3 at 3' positions was dynamic and could be rapidly removed when transcription recovered. Set1 and Chd1 are required for H3K4 trimethylation at 3' positions when transcription is inhibited by 6-AU...
- The ISWI and CHD1 chromatin remodelling activities influence ADH2 expression and chromatin organizationBarbara Xella
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, c o Dipartmento di Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mol Microbiol 59:1531-41. 2006..Here we show that the absence of the Isw1 and Chd1 ATP-dependent chromatin remodelling activities delays the maximal expression of ADH2 without impairing the ..
- The BUR1 cyclin-dependent protein kinase is required for the normal pattern of histone methylation by SET2Yaya Chu
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3029-38. 2006..These results establish links between a regulatory protein kinase and histone methylation and lead to a model in which the Bur1-Bur2 complex counteracts an inhibitory effect of Set2-dependent histone methylation...
- RNA polymerase I in yeast transcribes dynamic nucleosomal rDNAHannah S Jones
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:123-30. 2007..We suggest that Pol I transcription, like that of Pol II, may be modulated by specific chromatin structures...
- Extranucleosomal DNA binding directs nucleosome sliding by Chd1Jeffrey N McKnight
TC Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218 2685, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:4746-59. 2011b>Chd1- and ISWI-type chromatin remodelers can sense extranucleosomal DNA and preferentially shift nucleosomes toward longer stretches of available DNA...
- Molecular analysis of yeast lsw1 and lsw2 complexesToshio Tsukiyama; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Determine how Isw2 complex is targeted and regulated in cells. (3) Identify additional functions of Isw2 complex. (4) Identify functions of Isw1 complex in cells. ..
- Regulation of DNA replication by histone modificationsToshio Tsukiyama; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use our system to test our hypothesis that histone modifications are under dynamic regulation during cell cycle progression and play critical roles in DNA replication. ..
- Regulation of DNA replication by histone modificationsToshio Tsukiyama; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use our system to test our hypothesis that histone modifications are under dynamic regulation during cell cycle progression and play critical roles in DNA replication. ..
- Mechanisms and functions of ATP-dependent chromatin remodelingToshio Tsukiyama; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed studies elucidate how major regulators of chromatin structure function in cells, contributing to a better understanding of the molecular basis for human diseases. ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF ATP DEPENDENT CHROMATIN REMODELINGToshio Tsukiyama; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our work will involve molecular techniques such as gene cloning, mutagenesis, PCR, biochemical fractionation, in vitro chromatin assembly and analysis, and protein chemistry, as well as yeast molecular genetics. ..
- Crystallographic Investigations of Replication Factor CGREGORY BOWMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of DNA replication by histone modificationsToshio Tsukiyama; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of our work is to understand the molecular mechanisms of DNA replication and replication stress response, which will help understand the molecular basis for these disease states. ..