Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: wrm-1
Description: Armadillo repeat-containing protein wrm-1;Worm aRMadillo
Alias: Armadillo repeat-containing protein wrm-1;Worm aRMadillo
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Natarajan L, Witwer N, Eisenmann D. The divergent Caenorhabditis elegans beta-catenin proteins BAR-1, WRM-1 and HMP-2 make distinct protein interactions but retain functional redundancy in vivo. Genetics. 2001;159:159-72 pubmed..elegans, these proteins still retain sufficient similarity to display functional redundancy in vivo. ..
- Cabello J, Neukomm L, Günesdogan U, Burkart K, Charette S, Lochnit G, et al. The Wnt pathway controls cell death engulfment, spindle orientation, and migration through CED-10/Rac. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000297 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in multiple developmental processes, CED-10/Rac can link polar signals mediated by the Wnt pathway to rearrangements of the cytoskeleton. ..
- King R, Maiden S, Hawkins N, Kidd A, Kimble J, Hardin J, et al. The N- or C-terminal domains of DSH-2 can activate the C. elegans Wnt/beta-catenin asymmetry pathway. Dev Biol. 2009;328:234-44 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that either the DIX or DEP domain of DSH-2 is capable of activating the Wnt/beta-catenin asymmetry pathway and regulating anterior-posterior fate decisions required for proper morphogenesis. ..
- Asahina M, Valenta T, Silhankova M, Korinek V, Jindra M. Crosstalk between a nuclear receptor and beta-catenin signaling decides cell fates in the C. elegans somatic gonad. Dev Cell. 2006;11:203-11 pubmed..This balance relies on direct crossregulation between NHR-25 and the distinct beta-catenin proteins WRM-1 and SYS-1. The nuclear receptor-beta-catenin interaction may be an ancient mechanism of cell-fate decision. ..
- Sugioka K, Mizumoto K, Sawa H. Wnt regulates spindle asymmetry to generate asymmetric nuclear ?-catenin in C. elegans. Cell. 2011;146:942-54 pubmed publisher..Moreover, laser manipulation of the spindles rescued defects in nuclear POP-1 asymmetry in wnt mutants. Our results reveal a mechanism in which the nuclear localization of proteins is regulated through the modulation of microtubules. ..
- Yang X, Huang S, Lo M, Mizumoto K, Sawa H, Xu W, et al. Distinct and mutually inhibitory binding by two divergent ?-catenins coordinates TCF levels and activity in C. elegans. Development. 2011;138:4255-65 pubmed publisher..These studies could provide novel insights into cancers arising from aberrant Wnt activation. ..
- Huang S, Shetty P, Robertson S, Lin R. Binary cell fate specification during C. elegans embryogenesis driven by reiterated reciprocal asymmetry of TCF POP-1 and its coactivator beta-catenin SYS-1. Development. 2007;134:2685-95 pubmed..We propose that two genetic pathways, one increasing SYS-1 and the other decreasing POP-1 levels, robustly elevate the SYS-1-to-POP-1 ratio in the posterior cell, thereby driving A-P differential cell fates. ..
- Lin R. A gain-of-function mutation in oma-1, a C. elegans gene required for oocyte maturation, results in delayed degradation of maternal proteins and embryonic lethality. Dev Biol. 2003;258:226-39 pubmed..These observations suggest that oma-1, in addition to its role in oocyte maturation, contributes to early embryonic development by regulating the temporal degradation of maternal proteins in early C. elegans embryos. ..
- Gay F, Calvo D, Lo M, Ceron J, Maduro M, Lin R, et al. Acetylation regulates subcellular localization of the Wnt signaling nuclear effector POP-1. Genes Dev. 2003;17:717-22 pubmed..elegans embryogenesis. The conservation of these lysines among other LEF/TCF family members suggests that acetylation may be an important, evolutionarily conserved mechanism regulating subcellular distribution of LEF/TCF factors. ..
- Kidd A, Miskowski J, Siegfried K, Sawa H, Kimble J. A beta-catenin identified by functional rather than sequence criteria and its role in Wnt/MAPK signaling. Cell. 2005;121:761-72 pubmed..We discuss the idea that a similar pathway may be employed broadly in animal development. ..
- Siegfried K, Kidd A, Chesney M, Kimble J. The sys-1 and sys-3 genes cooperate with Wnt signaling to establish the proximal-distal axis of the Caenorhabditis elegans gonad. Genetics. 2004;166:171-86 pubmed..We suggest that sys-3 is a new key gene in this pathway and that gon-14, gon-15, and gon-16 may cooperate with POP-1 and SYS-1 at multiple stages of gonad development. ..
- Gleason J, Eisenmann D. Wnt signaling controls the stem cell-like asymmetric division of the epithelial seam cells during C. elegans larval development. Dev Biol. 2010;348:58-66 pubmed publisher..elegans larval development, and that Wnt pathway regulation of stem cell-like behavior is conserved in nematodes. ..
- Yang X, Karhadkar T, Medina J, Robertson S, Lin R. Î²-Catenin-related protein WRM-1 is a multifunctional regulatory subunit of the LIT-1 MAPK complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E137-46 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report of a MAP3K directly activating a MAPK by phosphorylation within the activation loop. This study should help uncover novel and as yet underappreciated functions of vertebrate Î²-catenin. ..
- Fujita M, Takeshita H, Sawa H. Cyclin E and CDK2 repress the terminal differentiation of quiescent cells after asymmetric division in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e407 pubmed..Our results suggest that the balance between the levels of CKI and cyclin E determines three distinct cell states: terminally differentiated, quiescent and uncommitted, and proliferating. ..
- O Sullivan N, Fallon R, Carroll C, Smith T, Maher M. Detection and differentiation of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli in broiler chicken samples using a PCR/DNA probe membrane based colorimetric detection assay. Mol Cell Probes. 2000;14:7-16 pubmed..The combined PCR and colorimetric reverse hybridization assay is easy to perform and faster than conventional methods for confirmation and identification of Campylobacter species. ..
- Shin T, Yasuda J, Rocheleau C, Lin R, Soto M, Bei Y, et al. MOM-4, a MAP kinase kinase kinase-related protein, activates WRM-1/LIT-1 kinase to transduce anterior/posterior polarity signals in C. elegans. Mol Cell. 1999;4:275-80 pubmed..These findings suggest that anterior/posterior polarity signaling in C. elegans may involve a MAP kinase-like signaling mechanism. ..