Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: unc-73
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Alexander M, Chan K, Byrne A, Selman G, Lee T, Ono J, et al. An UNC-40 pathway directs postsynaptic membrane extension in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 2009;136:911-22 pubmed publisher..Our work is the first to define a pathway for directed muscle membrane extension and illustrates that axon guidance components can play key roles in postsynaptic membrane expansion. ..
- Alexander M, Selman G, Seetharaman A, Chan K, D Souza S, Byrne A, et al. MADD-2, a homolog of the Opitz syndrome protein MID1, regulates guidance to the midline through UNC-40 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Cell. 2010;18:961-72 pubmed publisher..The analogous phenotypes that result from MADD-2 and MID1 mutations suggest that C1-TRIM proteins may have a conserved biological role in midline-oriented developmental events. ..
- Mörck C, Axäng C, Pilon M. A genetic analysis of axon guidance in the C elegans pharynx. Dev Biol. 2003;260:158-75 pubmed..We isolated five novel mutants in a screen for worms exhibiting abnormal morphology of the M2 neurons. These mutants define a new gene class designated mnm (M neuron morphology abnormal). ..
- Duchaine T, Wohlschlegel J, Kennedy S, Bei Y, Conte D, Pang K, et al. Functional proteomics reveals the biochemical niche of C. elegans DCR-1 in multiple small-RNA-mediated pathways. Cell. 2006;124:343-54 pubmed..Our findings provide a first glimpse at the complex biochemical niche of Dicer and suggest that competition exists between DCR-1-mediated small-RNA pathways. ..
- Vanderzalm P, Pandey A, HURWITZ M, Bloom L, Horvitz H, Garriga G. C. elegans CARMIL negatively regulates UNC-73/Trio function during neuronal development. Development. 2009;136:1201-10 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, we propose a role for CRML-1 as a novel regulator of cell and axon migrations that acts through inhibition of Rac signaling. ..
- Steven R, Zhang L, Culotti J, Pawson T. The UNC-73/Trio RhoGEF-2 domain is required in separate isoforms for the regulation of pharynx pumping and normal neurotransmission in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2016-29 pubmed
- Hedgecock E, Culotti J, Hall D, Stern B. Genetics of cell and axon migrations in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 1987;100:365-82 pubmed..The first muscles and neurones may in turn express new surface molecules that refine later cell movements. Mutations in some 30 known genes disrupt the movements of cells or axons along the body wall. ..
- Hodgkin J. Male Phenotypes and Mating Efficiency in CAENORHABDITIS ELEGANS. Genetics. 1983;103:43-64 pubmed..Four of the mab (male abnormal) genes affect specific postembryonic cell lineages. ..
- Forrester W, Perens E, Zallen J, Garriga G. Identification of Caenorhabditis elegans genes required for neuronal differentiation and migration. Genetics. 1998;148:151-65 pubmed..Null mutants also fail to express CEH-10, suggesting that CEH-10 regulates its own expression. Finally, we found that ceh-10 is necessary for the differentiation of AIY and RMED, two additional cells that express CEH-10. ..
- Hu S, Pawson T, Steven R. UNC-73/trio RhoGEF-2 activity modulates Caenorhabditis elegans motility through changes in neurotransmitter signaling upstream of the GSA-1/Galphas pathway. Genetics. 2011;189:137-51 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest UNC-73 RhoGEF-2 isoforms are required for proper neurotransmitter signaling and may function in the DCV-mediated neuromodulatory regulation of locomotion rate. ..
- Desai C, Garriga G, McIntire S, Horvitz H. A genetic pathway for the development of the Caenorhabditis elegans HSN motor neurons. Nature. 1988;336:638-46 pubmed..Nearly all are pleiotropic, revealing that the genes specifying HSN development also function in the development of other cell types. ..
- Chan J, Hu Z, Sieburth D. Recruitment of sphingosine kinase to presynaptic terminals by a conserved muscarinic signaling pathway promotes neurotransmitter release. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1070-85 pubmed publisher..This study shows that SPHK-1 promotes neurotransmitter release in vivo and identifies a novel muscarinic pathway that regulates SphK abundance at presynaptic terminals. ..
- Walck Shannon E, Reiner D, Hardin J. Polarized Rac-dependent protrusions drive epithelial intercalation in the embryonic epidermis of C. elegans. Development. 2015;142:3549-60 pubmed publisher..CRML-1 genetically suppresses UNC-73 function and, indirectly, actin polymerization. This network identifies a novel, molecularly conserved cassette that regulates epithelial intercalation via basolateral protrusive activity. ..
- deBakker C, Haney L, Kinchen J, Grimsley C, Lu M, Klingele D, et al. Phagocytosis of apoptotic cells is regulated by a UNC-73/TRIO-MIG-2/RhoG signaling module and armadillo repeats of CED-12/ELMO. Curr Biol. 2004;14:2208-16 pubmed..This work also identifies ARM repeats within CED-12/ELMO and their role in linking RhoG and Rac, two GTPases that function in tandem during engulfment. ..
- Locke C, Kautu B, Berry K, Lee S, Caldwell K, Caldwell G. Pharmacogenetic analysis reveals a post-developmental role for Rac GTPases in Caenorhabditis elegans GABAergic neurotransmission. Genetics. 2009;183:1357-72 pubmed publisher..elegans. ..