Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: unc-60
Description: Actin-depolymerizing factor 1;Actin-depolymerizing factor 2
Alias: Actin-depolymerizing factor 1;Actin-depolymerizing factor 2
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Alder M, Dames S, Gaudet J, Mango S. Gene silencing in Caenorhabditis elegans by transitive RNA interference. RNA. 2003;9:25-32 pubmed..These data suggest dsRNA synthesized in vivo can mediate systemic RNAi. ..
- Shen Q, He B, Lu N, Conradt B, Grant B, Zhou Z. Phagocytic receptor signaling regulates clathrin and epsin-mediated cytoskeletal remodeling during apoptotic cell engulfment in C. elegans. Development. 2013;140:3230-43 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals novel roles of clathrin and epsin in apoptotic-cell internalization, suggests a Hip1/R-independent mechanism linking clathrin to actin assembly, and ties the CED-1 pathway to cytoskeleton remodeling. ..
- Hagedorn E, Kelley L, Naegeli K, Wang Z, Chi Q, Sherwood D. ADF/cofilin promotes invadopodial membrane recycling during cell invasion in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:1209-18 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify the invadopodial membrane as a specialized compartment whose recycling to form dynamic, functional invadopodia is dependent on localized F-actin disassembly by ADF/cofilin...
- Ono S. Purification and biochemical characterization of actin from Caenorhabditis elegans: its difference from rabbit muscle actin in the interaction with nematode ADF/cofilin. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1999;43:128-36 pubmed..The results indicate that C. elegans actin shares common biochemical properties with rabbit muscle actin, while actin-binding proteins can interact with C. elegans actin in a distinct manner from rabbit muscle actin. ..
- Ono S, Ono K. Tropomyosin inhibits ADF/cofilin-dependent actin filament dynamics. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:1065-76 pubmed..However, in an ADF/cofilin mutant background, suppression of CeTM did not worsen actin organization and worm motility. These results suggest that tropomyosin is a physiological inhibitor of ADF/cofilin-dependent actin dynamics. ..
- Nukazuka A, Fujisawa H, Inada T, Oda Y, Takagi S. Semaphorin controls epidermal morphogenesis by stimulating mRNA translation via eIF2alpha in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1025-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal a physiological significance for translation of mRNAs for cytoskeletal regulators, linking environmental cues to cytoskeletal rearrangement during cellular morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Yamashiro S, Cox E, Baillie D, Hardin J, Ono S. Sarcomeric actin organization is synergistically promoted by tropomodulin, ADF/cofilin, AIP1 and profilin in C. elegans. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3867-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose a model in which tropomodulin and enhancers of actin dynamics synergistically regulate elongation and shortening of actin filaments at the pointed end. ..