Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: unc-5
Description: Netrin receptor unc-5;hypothetical protein
Alias: Netrin receptor unc-5;hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Ogura K, Goshima Y. The autophagy-related kinase UNC-51 and its binding partner UNC-14 regulate the subcellular localization of the Netrin receptor UNC-5 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 2006;133:3441-50 pubmed
- Kruger R, Lee J, Li W, Guan K. Mapping netrin receptor binding reveals domains of Unc5 regulating its tyrosine phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10826-34 pubmed..Moreover, experiments in Caenorhabditis elegans indicate that both netrin binding and nonbinding domains are necessary for phenotypic rescue of an unc-5 loss of function mutation. ..
- Schwabiuk M, Coudiere L, Merz D. SDN-1/syndecan regulates growth factor signaling in distal tip cell migrations in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2009;334:235-42 pubmed publisher..Together these results suggest that SDN-1 affects UNC-5 function by regulating the proper extracellular distribution of growth factors. ..
- Yee C, Sybingco S, Serdetchania V, Kholkina G, Bueno de Mesquita M, Naqvi Z, et al. ENU-3 is a novel motor axon outgrowth and guidance protein in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2011;352:243-53 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ENU-3 is a novel C. elegans protein that affects both motor axon outgrowth and guidance. ..
- Dalpé G, Tarsitano M, Persico M, Zheng H, Culotti J. C. elegans PVF-1 inhibits permissive UNC-40 signalling through CED-10 GTPase to position the male ray 1 sensillum. Development. 2013;140:4020-30 pubmed publisher..These data report the first case of VEGF-induced inhibition of the netrin signalling and a molecular conservation of VEGF function from worms to humans. ..
- Dixon S, Alexander M, Fernandes R, Ricker N, Roy P. FGF negatively regulates muscle membrane extension in Caenorhabditis elegans. Development. 2006;133:1263-75 pubmed..Our data are consistent with a model in which integrins and laminins are needed for directed muscle arm extension to the nerve cords, while FGF signaling provides a general mechanism to regulate muscle membrane extension. ..