Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: unc-13
Description: Phorbol ester/diacylglycerol-binding protein unc-13;hypothetical protein
Alias: Phorbol ester/diacylglycerol-binding protein unc-13;hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Bastiani C, Gharib S, Simon M, Sternberg P. Caenorhabditis elegans Galphaq regulates egg-laying behavior via a PLCbeta-independent and serotonin-dependent signaling pathway and likely functions both in the nervous system and in muscle. Genetics. 2003;165:1805-22 pubmed..Our data indicate that there are multiple signaling pathways downstream of EGL-30 and that different pathways could predominate with respect to the regulation of different behaviors. ..
- Zhou K, Stawicki T, Goncharov A, Jin Y. Position of UNC-13 in the active zone regulates synaptic vesicle release probability and release kinetics. elife. 2013;2:e01180 pubmed publisher..These data reveal multiple roles of UNC-13 C2A domain, and suggest that spontaneous release and the fast phase of evoked release may involve a common pool of SVs at the active zone. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01180.001. ..
- Spike C, Coetzee D, Nishi Y, Guven Ozkan T, Oldenbroek M, Yamamoto I, et al. Translational control of the oogenic program by components of OMA ribonucleoprotein particles in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2014;198:1513-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support a model in which the conserved regulators of mRNA translation LIN-41 and OMA-1/2 coordinately control oocyte growth and the proper spatial and temporal execution of the meiotic maturation decision. ..
- Lipstein N, Verhoeven Duif N, Michelassi F, Calloway N, van Hasselt P, Pieńkowska K, et al. Synaptic UNC13A protein variant causes increased neurotransmission and dyskinetic movement disorder. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:1005-1018 pubmed publisher..Further, it adds the neuronal Munc13 proteins and the synaptic vesicle priming process that they control to the known etiological mechanisms of psychiatric and neurological synaptopathies. ..
- Speese S, Petrie M, Schuske K, Ailion M, Ann K, Iwasaki K, et al. UNC-31 (CAPS) is required for dense-core vesicle but not synaptic vesicle exocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci. 2007;27:6150-62 pubmed..Our results suggest that CAPS/UNC-31 and UNC-13 serve parallel and dedicated roles in dense-core vesicle and synaptic vesicle exocytosis, respectively, in the C. elegans nervous system. ..
- He K, Shen L, Zhou W, Wang D. Regulation of aging by unc-13 and sbt-1 in Caenorhabditis elegans is temperature-dependent. Neurosci Bull. 2009;25:335-42 pubmed publisher..The regulation of aging by unc-13 and sbt-1 is temperature-dependent. And the alterations in reproduction capability and stress response may be associated with the formation of this temperature-dependent property. ..
- Michelassi F, Liu H, Hu Z, Dittman J. A C1-C2 Module in Munc13 Inhibits Calcium-Dependent Neurotransmitter Release. Neuron. 2017;95:577-590.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, C1-C2B exerts a basal inhibition on Munc13 in the primed state, permitting calcium- and lipid-dependent control of C1-C2B to modulate synaptic strength. ..
- Park S, Bin N, Yu B, Wong R, Sitarska E, Sugita K, et al. UNC-18 and Tomosyn Antagonistically Control Synaptic Vesicle Priming Downstream of UNC-13 in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8797-8815 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides novel mechanistic insights into how Munc18/UNC-18 primes synaptic vesicle release and how this protein interacts functionally with Munc13/UNC-13 and Tomosyn/TOM-1. ..