Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: spd-2
Description: Spindle-defective protein 2
Alias: Spindle-defective protein 2
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Kemp C, Song M, Addepalli M, Hunter G, O CONNELL K. Suppressors of zyg-1 define regulators of centrosome duplication and nuclear association in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2007;176:95-113 pubmed..Our approach has thus identified numerous candidate regulators of centrosome duplication and uncovered an unanticipated regulatory mechanism involving factors that tether the centrosome to the nucleus. ..
- Cowan C, Hyman A. Cyclin E-Cdk2 temporally regulates centrosome assembly and establishment of polarity in Caenorhabditis elegans embryos. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:1441-7 pubmed..elegans and Drosophila. Here, we suggest a possible mechanism for cyclin E-Cdk2-dependent differentiation: the establishment of cortical polarity by the centrosome. ..
- O Connell K, Leys C, White J. A genetic screen for temperature-sensitive cell-division mutants of Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 1998;149:1303-21 pubmed..We conclude that this approach can be used to identify mutations that affect various aspects of the cell-division cycle. ..
- Song M, Liu Y, Anderson D, Jahng W, O Connell K. Protein phosphatase 2A-SUR-6/B55 regulates centriole duplication in C. elegans by controlling the levels of centriole assembly factors. Dev Cell. 2011;20:563-71 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicate that PP2A-SUR-6 promotes centriole assembly by protecting ZYG-1 and SAS-5 from degradation. ..
- Schvarzstein M, Pattabiraman D, BEMBENEK J, Villeneuve A. Meiotic HORMA domain proteins prevent untimely centriole disengagement during Caenorhabditis elegans spermatocyte meiosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E898-907 pubmed publisher..elegans also function to inhibit centriole separation at meiosis II, thereby ensuring that the zygote inherits the appropriate complement of chromosomes and centrioles...
- Pelletier L, O TOOLE E, Schwager A, Hyman A, MULLER REICHERT T. Centriole assembly in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 2006;444:619-23 pubmed..These results define a structural pathway for the assembly of a daughter centriole and should have general relevance for future studies on centriole assembly in other organisms. ..
- Woodruff J, Wueseke O, Viscardi V, Mahamid J, Ochoa S, Bunkenborg J, et al. Centrosomes. Regulated assembly of a supramolecular centrosome scaffold in vitro. Science. 2015;348:808-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCM size and binding capacity emerge from the regulated polymerization of one coiled-coil protein to form a porous network. ..
- Pelletier L, Ozlu N, Hannak E, Cowan C, Habermann B, Ruer M, et al. The Caenorhabditis elegans centrosomal protein SPD-2 is required for both pericentriolar material recruitment and centriole duplication. Curr Biol. 2004;14:863-73 pubmed..elegans. SPD-2 shares homology with a human centrosome protein, suggesting that this key component of the C. elegans centrosome is evolutionarily conserved. ..