Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpm-1
Description: E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase rpm-1
Alias: E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase rpm-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Park E, Glodowski D, Rongo C. The ubiquitin ligase RPM-1 and the p38 MAPK PMK-3 regulate AMPA receptor trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4284 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a novel specialized role for RPM-1 and PMK-3/p38 MAPK in regulating the endosomal trafficking of AMPARs at central synapses. ..
- Li H, Kulkarni G, Wadsworth W. RPM-1, a Caenorhabditis elegans protein that functions in presynaptic differentiation, negatively regulates axon outgrowth by controlling SAX-3/robo and UNC-5/UNC5 activity. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3595-603 pubmed publisher..Together, the results suggest that RPM-1 regulates axon outgrowth affecting axon guidance and termination by controlling the trafficking of the UNC-5 and SAX-3 receptors to cell membranes. ..
- Grill B, Bienvenut W, Brown H, Ackley B, Quadroni M, Jin Y. C. elegans RPM-1 regulates axon termination and synaptogenesis through the Rab GEF GLO-4 and the Rab GTPase GLO-1. Neuron. 2007;55:587-601 pubmed..We find that late endosomes are specifically disorganized at the presynaptic terminals of glo-4 mutants. Our data suggest that RPM-1 positively regulates a Rab GTPase pathway to promote vesicular trafficking via late endosomes. ..
- Zhen M, Huang X, Bamber B, Jin Y. Regulation of presynaptic terminal organization by C. elegans RPM-1, a putative guanine nucleotide exchanger with a RING-H2 finger domain. Neuron. 2000;26:331-43 pubmed..The temperature-sensitive period of rpm-1 coincides with the time of synaptogenesis. rpm-1 may regulate the spatial arrangement, or restrict the formation, of presynaptic structures. ..
- Gao M, Liao E, Yu B, Wang Y, Zhen M, Derry W. The SCF FSN-1 ubiquitin ligase controls germline apoptosis through CEP-1/p53 in C. elegans. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:1054-62 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a novel role for the SCF(FSN-1) E3 ubiquitin ligase in the regulation of cep-1-dependent germ cell apoptosis. ..
- Noma K, Goncharov A, Jin Y. Systematic analyses of rpm-1 suppressors reveal roles for ESS-2 in mRNA splicing in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2014;198:1101-15 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional evidence that this family of proteins regulate mRNA splicing in a context-specific manner. ..
- Giles A, Opperman K, Rankin C, Grill B. Developmental Function of the PHR Protein RPM-1 Is Required for Learning in Caenorhabditis elegans. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;5:2745-57 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest that developmental defects in rpm-1 mutants manifest most prominently in behaviors that require protracted or plastic circuit function, such as learning. ..
- Baker S, Grill B. Defining Minimal Binding Regions in Regulator of Presynaptic Morphology 1 (RPM-1) Using Caenorhabditis elegans Neurons Reveals Differential Signaling Complexes. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2519-2530 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that RPM-1 uses different mechanisms to recruit FSN-1 and RAE-1 into independent signaling complexes in neurons. ..
- Li C, Hisamoto N, Nix P, Kanao S, Mizuno T, Bastiani M, et al. The growth factor SVH-1 regulates axon regeneration in C. elegans via the JNK MAPK cascade. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:551-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, SVH-1-SVH-2 signaling via activation of the MAPK pathway acts to coordinate neuron regeneration response after axon injury. ..
- Borgen M, Wang D, Grill B. RPM-1 regulates axon termination by affecting growth cone collapse and microtubule stability. Development. 2017;144:4658-4672 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into how growth cone collapse is regulated during axon termination in vivo, and suggest that RPM-1 signaling destabilizes microtubules to facilitate growth cone collapse and axon termination. ..
- Kulkarni G, Li H, Wadsworth W. CLEC-38, a transmembrane protein with C-type lectin-like domains, negatively regulates UNC-40-mediated axon outgrowth and promotes presynaptic development in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci. 2008;28:4541-50 pubmed publisher..We suggest CLEC-38 plays a role in promoting synapse assembly and refining axon outgrowth activity. ..
- Quevedo C, Kaplan D, Derry W. AKT-1 regulates DNA-damage-induced germline apoptosis in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2007;17:286-92 pubmed..Finally, we show that AKT-1 regulates apoptosis but not cell-cycle progression downstream of the HUS-1/MRT-2 branch of the DNA damage checkpoint. ..
- Opperman K, Grill B. RPM-1 is localized to distinct subcellular compartments and regulates axon length in GABAergic motor neurons. Neural Dev. 2014;9:10 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide further support for the previously proposed model that PHR proteins function to coordinate axon outgrowth and termination with synapse formation. ..
- Sharma J, Baker S, Turgeon S, Gurney A, Opperman K, Grill B. Identification of a peptide inhibitor of the RPM-1 Â· FSN-1 ubiquitin ligase complex. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:34654-66 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with the FSN-1 binding domain of RPM-1 recruiting FSN-1 and a target protein, such as DLK-1, whereas the RING-H2 domain of RPM-1 ubiquitinates the target. ..
- Tulgren E, Turgeon S, Opperman K, Grill B. The Nesprin family member ANC-1 regulates synapse formation and axon termination by functioning in a pathway with RPM-1 and ?-Catenin. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004481 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights an emerging, broad role for ANC-1 in neuronal development, and unveils a new and unexpected mechanism by which RPM-1 functions. ..