Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rde-4
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Blanchard D, Parameswaran P, Lopez Molina J, Gent J, Saynuk J, Fire A. On the nature of in vivo requirements for rde-4 in RNAi and developmental pathways in C. elegans. RNA Biol. 2011;8:458-67 pubmed..Propagation at high temperatures exposed a conditional requirement for RDE-4 for optimal growth and fertility, indicating at least under these conditions that RDE-4 can serve an essential role in C. elegans. ..
- Chiliveri S, Deshmukh M. Structure of RDE-4 dsRBDs and mutational studies provide insights into dsRNA recognition in the Caenorhabditis elegans RNAi pathway. Biochem J. 2014;458:119-30 pubmed publisher..elegans. Additionally, we postulate a structural basis for the minimal requirement of linker and dsRBD2 for RDE-4's association with dsRNA and Dcr-1. ..
- Fischer S, Pan Q, Breen P, Qi Y, Shi Z, Zhang C, et al. Multiple small RNA pathways regulate the silencing of repeated and foreign genes in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2013;27:2678-95 pubmed publisher..The conserved ARF-like small GTPase ARL-8 is required specifically for primary siRNA biogenesis or stability in the sperm-specific ALG-3/4 endogenous RNAi pathway. ..
- Raman P, Zaghab S, Traver E, Jose A. The double-stranded RNA binding protein RDE-4 can act cell autonomously during feeding RNAi in C. elegans. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8463-8473 pubmed publisher..elegans. We speculate that similar control of dsRNA movement could modulate tissue-specific silencing by feeding RNAi in other invertebrates. ..
- Thivierge C, Makil N, Flamand M, Vasale J, Mello C, Wohlschlegel J, et al. Tudor domain ERI-5 tethers an RNA-dependent RNA polymerase to DCR-1 to potentiate endo-RNAi. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:90-7 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate tudor proteins in the recruitment of RdRP complexes to specific steps within DCR-1-dependent and DCR-1-independent endo-RNAi pathways. ..