Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rde 1
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Gu S, Pak J, Guang S, Maniar J, Kennedy S, Fire A. Amplification of siRNA in Caenorhabditis elegans generates a transgenerational sequence-targeted histone H3 lysine 9 methylation footprint. Nat Genet. 2012;44:157-64 pubmed publisher..These results implicate dsRNA-triggered chromatin modification in C. elegans as a programmable and locus-specific response defining a metastable state that can persist through generational boundaries. ..
- Fischer S, Pan Q, Breen P, Qi Y, Shi Z, Zhang C, et al. Multiple small RNA pathways regulate the silencing of repeated and foreign genes in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2013;27:2678-95 pubmed publisher..The conserved ARF-like small GTPase ARL-8 is required specifically for primary siRNA biogenesis or stability in the sperm-specific ALG-3/4 endogenous RNAi pathway. ..
- Tsai H, Chen C, Conte D, Moresco J, Chaves D, Mitani S, et al. A ribonuclease coordinates siRNA amplification and mRNA cleavage during RNAi. Cell. 2015;160:407-19 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest a model in which RDE-8 cleaves target mRNAs to mediate silencing, while generating 3' uridylated mRNA fragments to serve as templates for the RdRP-directed amplification of the silencing signal. ..
- Parrish S, Fire A. Distinct roles for RDE-1 and RDE-4 during RNA interference in Caenorhabditis elegans. RNA. 2001;7:1397-402 pubmed..These results support a model in which RDE-4 is involved before or during production of siRNAs, whereas RDE-1 acts after the siRNAs have been formed. ..
- Qadota H, Inoue M, Hikita T, Köppen M, HARDIN J, Amano M, et al. Establishment of a tissue-specific RNAi system in C. elegans. Gene. 2007;400:166-73 pubmed..Although we demonstrate tissue-specific RNAi in hypodermis and muscle, this method could be easily applied to other tissues. ..
- Shirayama M, Stanney W, Gu W, Seth M, Mello C. The Vasa Homolog RDE-12 engages target mRNA and multiple argonaute proteins to promote RNAi in C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2014;24:845-51 pubmed publisher..Downstream of these events, RDE-12 forms an RNase-resistant (target mRNA-independent) complex with WAGO-1 and may thus have additional functions in target mRNA surveillance and silencing...