Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rab-7
Description: RAB family
Alias: RAB family
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Pant S, Sharma M, Patel K, Caplan S, Carr C, Grant B. AMPH-1/Amphiphysin/Bin1 functions with RME-1/Ehd1 in endocytic recycling. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1399-410 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that AMPH-1 and RME-1 cooperatively regulate endocytic recycling, probably through functions required for the production of cargo carriers that exit the recycling endosome for the cell surface. ..
- Nieto C, Almendinger J, Gysi S, Gomez Orte E, Kaech A, Hengartner M, et al. ccz-1 mediates the digestion of apoptotic corpses in C. elegans. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2001-7 pubmed publisher..We show that CCZ-1, a protein conserved from yeasts to humans, mediates the digestion of these apoptotic corpses. CCZ-1 seems to act in lysosome biogenesis and phagosome maturation by recruiting the GTPase RAB-7 over the phagosome. ..
- Poteryaev D, Datta S, Ackema K, Zerial M, Spang A. Identification of the switch in early-to-late endosome transition. Cell. 2010;141:497-508 pubmed publisher..SAND-1/Mon1 thus acts as a switch by controlling the localization of RAB-5 and RAB-7 GEFs. ..
- Kinchen J, Ravichandran K. Identification of two evolutionarily conserved genes regulating processing of engulfed apoptotic cells. Nature. 2010;464:778-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify SAND-1 (Mon1) and CCZ-1 (Ccz1) as critical and evolutionarily conserved components regulating the processing of ingested apoptotic cell corpses. ..
- Caruso M, Jenna S, Bouchecareilh M, Baillie D, Boismenu D, Halawani D, et al. GTPase-mediated regulation of the unfolded protein response in Caenorhabditis elegans is dependent on the AAA+ ATPase CDC-48. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4261-74 pubmed publisher..In addition, we describe a novel signaling module involving CRP-1 and CDC-48 which may directly link the UPR to DNA remodeling and transcription control. ..
- Chotard L, Mishra A, Sylvain M, Tuck S, Lambright D, Rocheleau C. TBC-2 regulates RAB-5/RAB-7-mediated endosomal trafficking in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2285-96 pubmed publisher..However, TBC-2 colocalizes primarily with RAB-7 on late endosomes and requires RAB-7 for membrane localization. Our data suggest that TBC-2 functions on late endosomes to inactivate RAB-5 during endosome maturation. ..
- Sato M, Sato K. Degradation of paternal mitochondria by fertilization-triggered autophagy in C. elegans embryos. Science. 2011;334:1141-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, fertilization-triggered autophagy is required for selective degradation of paternal mitochondria and thereby maternal inheritance of mitochondrial DNA. ..
- Liu K, Jian Y, Sun X, Yang C, Gao Z, Zhang Z, et al. Negative regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate levels in early-to-late endosome conversion. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:181-98 pubmed publisher..WDR91 and WDR81 interact with Beclin1 and inhibit PI3K complex activity. These findings reveal a conserved mechanism that controls appropriate PtdIns3P levels in early-to-late endosome conversion. ..
- Guo P, Hu T, Zhang J, Jiang S, Wang X. Sequential action of Caenorhabditis elegans Rab GTPases regulates phagolysosome formation during apoptotic cell degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18016-21 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal the sequential action of Rab GTPases in regulating tethering, docking, and fusion of lysosomes to apoptotic cell-containing phagosomes. ..