Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rab-5
Description: RAB family
Alias: RAB family
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Chotard L, Mishra A, Sylvain M, Tuck S, Lambright D, Rocheleau C. TBC-2 regulates RAB-5/RAB-7-mediated endosomal trafficking in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2285-96 pubmed publisher..However, TBC-2 colocalizes primarily with RAB-7 on late endosomes and requires RAB-7 for membrane localization. Our data suggest that TBC-2 functions on late endosomes to inactivate RAB-5 during endosome maturation. ..
- Hu J, Wittekind S, Barr M. STAM and Hrs down-regulate ciliary TRP receptors. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3277-89 pubmed
- Mukhopadhyay A, Pan X, Lambright D, Tissenbaum H. An endocytic pathway as a target of tubby for regulation of fat storage. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:931-8 pubmed..We propose that TUB-1 controls receptor or sensory molecule degradation in neurons by regulating a RAB-7-mediated endocytic pathway. ..
- Smurova K, Podbilewicz B. RAB-5- and DYNAMIN-1-Mediated Endocytosis of EFF-1 Fusogen Controls Cell-Cell Fusion. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1517-1527 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of dynamin or RAB-5 caused EFF-1 mislocalization to all apical membrane domains and excessive fusion. Thus, internalization of EFF-1 is a safety mechanism preventing excessive cell fusion. ..
- Sann S, Crane M, Lu H, Jin Y. Rabx-5 regulates RAB-5 early endosomal compartments and synaptic vesicles in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37930 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rabx-5 regulation of RAB-5 compartments is important for maintaining proper synaptic function throughout the lifetime...
- Lackner M, Kindt R, Carroll P, Brown K, Cancilla M, Chen C, et al. Chemical genetics identifies Rab geranylgeranyl transferase as an apoptotic target of farnesyl transferase inhibitors. Cancer Cell. 2005;7:325-36 pubmed..These findings validate RabGGT, and by extension endosomal function, as a therapeutically relevant target for modulation of apoptosis, and enhance our understanding of the mechanism of action of FTIs. ..
- Li W, Zou W, Yang Y, Chai Y, Chen B, Cheng S, et al. Autophagy genes function sequentially to promote apoptotic cell corpse degradation in the engulfing cell. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:27-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, autophagy genes act within the phagocyte to promote apoptotic cell degradation. ..
- Kamikura D, Cooper J. Clathrin interaction and subcellular localization of Ce-DAB-1, an adaptor for protein secretion in Caenorhabditis elegans. Traffic. 2006;7:324-36 pubmed
- Sato M, Konuma R, Sato K, Tomura K, Sato K. Fertilization-induced K63-linked ubiquitylation mediates clearance of maternal membrane proteins. Development. 2014;141:1324-31 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that UBC-13-dependent K63-linked ubiquitylation is required for proper MVB sorting rather than for internalization. These results also demonstrate a developmentally controlled function of K63-linked ubiquitylation. ..
- Zipperlen P, Fraser A, Kamath R, Martinez Campos M, Ahringer J. Roles for 147 embryonic lethal genes on C.elegans chromosome I identified by RNA interference and video microscopy. EMBO J. 2001;20:3984-92 pubmed
- Singhvi A, Teulière J, Talavera K, Cordes S, Ou G, Vale R, et al. The Arf GAP CNT-2 regulates the apoptotic fate in C. elegans asymmetric neuroblast divisions. Curr Biol. 2011;21:948-54 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that CNT-2 regulates receptor-mediated endocytosis and consider the implications of its role in asymmetric cell divisions. ..
- Poteryaev D, Fares H, Bowerman B, Spang A. Caenorhabditis elegans SAND-1 is essential for RAB-7 function in endosomal traffic. EMBO J. 2007;26:301-12 pubmed..We show that SAND-1 is essential for RAB-7 function at the transition from early to late endosomes, but not for RAB-7 function at lysosomes. ..
- Gillard G, Shafaq Zadah M, Nicolle O, Damaj R, PÃ©crÃ©aux J, Michaux G. Control of E-cadherin apical localisation and morphogenesis by a SOAP-1/AP-1/clathrin pathway in C. elegans epidermal cells. Development. 2015;142:1684-94 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that a molecular pathway, containing SOAP-1, AP-1 and clathrin, controls the apical delivery of E-cad and morphogenesis. ..
- Head B, Zulaika M, Ryazantsev S, van der Bliek A. A novel mitochondrial outer membrane protein, MOMA-1, that affects cristae morphology in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:831-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MOMA-1 and IMMT-1 act in the same pathway. It is likely that the observed effects on mitochondrial diameter are an indirect effect of disrupting cristae morphology. ..
- Los F, Kao C, Smitham J, McDonald K, Ha C, Peixoto C, et al. RAB-5- and RAB-11-dependent vesicle-trafficking pathways are required for plasma membrane repair after attack by bacterial pore-forming toxin. Cell Host Microbe. 2011;9:147-57 pubmed publisher..Specific vesicle-trafficking pathways thus protect cells against an attack by PFTs on plasma membrane integrity, via altered plasma membrane dynamics. ..
- Liu K, Jian Y, Sun X, Yang C, Gao Z, Zhang Z, et al. Negative regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate levels in early-to-late endosome conversion. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:181-98 pubmed publisher..WDR91 and WDR81 interact with Beclin1 and inhibit PI3K complex activity. These findings reveal a conserved mechanism that controls appropriate PtdIns3P levels in early-to-late endosome conversion. ..
- Sasidharan N, Sumakovic M, Hannemann M, Hegermann J, Liewald J, Olendrowitz C, et al. RAB-5 and RAB-10 cooperate to regulate neuropeptide release in Caenorhabditis elegans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:18944-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that RAB-5 and RAB-10 cooperate to locally exclude each other at an essential stage during DCV sorting. ..
- Park S, Link C, Johnson T. Life-span extension by dietary restriction is mediated by NLP-7 signaling and coelomocyte endocytosis in C. elegans. FASEB J. 2010;24:383-92 pubmed publisher..We conclude that two novel pathways, NLP-7 signaling and endocytosis by coelomocytes, are required for life extension under dietary restriction in C. elegans. ..