Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pmk-3
Description: Mitogen-activated protein kinase pmk-3;P38 Map Kinase family
Alias: Mitogen-activated protein kinase pmk-3;P38 Map Kinase family
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Nix P, Hisamoto N, Matsumoto K, Bastiani M. Axon regeneration requires coordinate activation of p38 and JNK MAPK pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10738-43 pubmed publisher..These two MAPKs are coregulated by the E3 ubiquitin ligase RPM-1(Phr1) via targeted degradation of the MAPKKKs DLK-1 and MLK-1 and by the MAPK phosphatase VHP-1(MKP7), which negatively regulates both PMK-3(p38) and KGB-1(JNK). ..
- Matsunaga Y, Qadota H, Furukawa M, Choe H, Benian G. Twitchin kinase interacts with MAPKAP kinase 2 in Caenorhabditis elegans striated muscle. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2096-111 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MAK-1 is an activator of twitchin kinase and that the p38 MAP kinase pathway may be involved in the regulation of twitchin. ..
- Oh C, Park S, Kim J, Moon Y. Non-mutagenic Suppression of Enterocyte Ferroportin 1 by Chemical Ribosomal Inactivation via p38 Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase (MAPK)-mediated Regulation: EVIDENCE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL HEMOCHROMATOSIS. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:19858-72 pubmed publisher..This study provides molecular evidence for the modulation of iron bioavailability by ribosomal dysfunction as a potent etiological factor of non-mutagenic environmental hemochromatosis in the gut-to-blood axis. ..
- Chikka M, Anbalagan C, Dvorak K, Dombeck K, Prahlad V. The Mitochondria-Regulated Immune Pathway Activated in the C. elegans Intestine Is Neuroprotective. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2399-414 pubmed publisher..We propose that mitochondria are subject to constant surveillance by innate immune mechanisms. ..
- Hammarlund M, Nix P, Hauth L, Jorgensen E, Bastiani M. Axon regeneration requires a conserved MAP kinase pathway. Science. 2009;323:802-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that after axon injury, activation of this MAP kinase cascade is required to switch the mature neuron from an aplastic state to a state capable of growth. ..
- Park E, Glodowski D, Rongo C. The ubiquitin ligase RPM-1 and the p38 MAPK PMK-3 regulate AMPA receptor trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4284 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a novel specialized role for RPM-1 and PMK-3/p38 MAPK in regulating the endosomal trafficking of AMPARs at central synapses. ..