Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: par-6
Description: Partitioning defective protein 6
Alias: Partitioning defective protein 6
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Von Stetina S, Mango S. PAR-6, but not E-cadherin and Î²-integrin, is necessary for epithelial polarization in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2015;403:5-14 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the arcade cell epithelium polarizes by a PAR-6-mediated pathway that is independent of E-cadherin, Î²-integrin and Î²-laminin. ..
- Pittman K, Skop A. Anterior PAR proteins function during cytokinesis and maintain DYN-1 at the cleavage furrow in Caenorhabditis elegans. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2012;69:826-39 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the PAR proteins are involved in the events that occur during cytokinesis and may play a role in promoting the membrane trafficking and remodeling events that occur during this time...
- Totong R, Achilleos A, Nance J. PAR-6 is required for junction formation but not apicobasal polarization in C. elegans embryonic epithelial cells. Development. 2007;134:1259-68 pubmed..Thus, whereas the role of PAR-6 in junction formation appears to be widely conserved, PAR-6-independent mechanisms can be used to polarize epithelial cells. ..
- Goehring N, Trong P, Bois J, Chowdhury D, Nicola E, Hyman A, et al. Polarization of PAR proteins by advective triggering of a pattern-forming system. Science. 2011;334:1137-41 pubmed publisher..We suggest that passive advective transport in an active and flowing material may be a general mechanism for mechanochemical pattern formation in developmental systems. ..
- Sugiyama Y, Nishimura A, Ohno S. Symmetrically dividing cell specific division axes alteration observed in proteasome depleted C. elegans embryo. Mech Dev. 2008;125:743-55 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the expression of RPN-2 is involved in the mechanism to suppress nuclear-centrosome rotation in symmetrically dividing cells and it may work in cooperation with PKC-3. ..
- Galli M, Munoz J, Portegijs V, Boxem M, Grill S, Heck A, et al. aPKC phosphorylates NuMA-related LIN-5 to position the mitotic spindle during asymmetric division. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1132-8 pubmed publisher..This molecular interaction between polarity and spindle-positioning proteins may be used broadly in cell cleavage plane determination. ..
- Anderson D, Gill J, Cinalli R, Nance J. Polarization of the C. elegans embryo by RhoGAP-mediated exclusion of PAR-6 from cell contacts. Science. 2008;320:1771-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, PAC-1 provides a dynamic molecular link between cell contacts and PAR proteins that polarizes embryos radially. ..
- Li J, Kim H, Aceto D, Hung J, Aono S, Kemphues K. Binding to PKC-3, but not to PAR-3 or to a conventional PDZ domain ligand, is required for PAR-6 function in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2010;340:88-98 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PAR-6 binding to PKC-3, but not to PAR-3 nor to a conventional PDZ ligand, is required for PAR-6 cortical localization and function in C. elegans. ..
- Beers M, Kemphues K. Depletion of the co-chaperone CDC-37 reveals two modes of PAR-6 cortical association in C. elegans embryos. Development. 2006;133:3745-54 pubmed..We propose that, in wild-type embryos, CDC-37-mediated inhibition of the CDC-42-dependent binding site and PAR-3-mediated release of this inhibition provide a key mechanism for the anterior accumulation of PAR-6. ..
- Rabilotta A, Desrosiers M, LabbÃ© J. CDK-1 and two B-type cyclins promote PAR-6 stabilization during polarization of the early C. elegans embryo. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117656 pubmed publisher..elegans embryo. They also suggest that CYB-2.1 and CYB-2.2 contribute to the coupling of cell cycle progression and asymmetric segregation of cell fate determinants. ..
- Poteryaev D, Squirrell J, Campbell J, White J, Spang A. Involvement of the actin cytoskeleton and homotypic membrane fusion in ER dynamics in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2139-53 pubmed..Both proteins have been implicated in homotypic ER membrane fusion. We provide evidence that homotypic membrane fusion is required to form the sheet structure in the early embryo. ..
- Walck Shannon E, Lucas B, Chin Sang I, Reiner D, Kumfer K, Cochran H, et al. CDC-42 Orients Cell Migration during Epithelial Intercalation in the Caenorhabditis elegans Epidermis. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006415 pubmed publisher..Together, these data establish a previously uncharacterized role for polarized CDC-42, in conjunction with PAR-6, PAR-3 and an Eph receptor, during epithelial intercalation. ..