Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: par-5
Description: 14-3-3-like protein 1;hypothetical protein
Alias: 14-3-3-like protein 1;hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Winter J, HÃ¶pfner S, Korn K, Farnung B, Bradshaw C, Marsico G, et al. Caenorhabditis elegans screen reveals role of PAR-5 in RAB-11-recycling endosome positioning and apicobasal cell polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:666-76 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PAR-5 acts as a regulatory hub for a polarity-maintaining network required for apicobasal asymmetry of F-actin and proper Rab11-RE positioning. ..
- Wu J, Espiritu E, Rose L. The 14-3-3 protein PAR-5 regulates the asymmetric localization of the LET-99 spindle positioning protein. Dev Biol. 2016;412:288-297 pubmed publisher..Together the results indicate that PAR-5 acts in a mechanism with PAR-1 to regulate LET-99 cortical localization. ..
- Morton D, Shakes D, Nugent S, Dichoso D, Wang W, Golden A, et al. The Caenorhabditis elegans par-5 gene encodes a 14-3-3 protein required for cellular asymmetry in the early embryo. Dev Biol. 2002;241:47-58 pubmed..Our analysis indicates that the par-5 14-3-3 gene plays a crucial role in the early events leading to polarization of the C. elegans zygote. ..
- Benton R, St Johnston D. Drosophila PAR-1 and 14-3-3 inhibit Bazooka/PAR-3 to establish complementary cortical domains in polarized cells. Cell. 2003;115:691-704 pubmed..Thus, antagonism of Bazooka by PAR-1/14-3-3 may represent a general mechanism for establishing complementary cortical domains in polarized cells. ..
- Fischer M, Fitzenberger E, Kull R, Boll M, Wenzel U. The zinc matrix metalloproteinase ZMP-2 increases survival of Caenorhabditis elegans through interference with lipoprotein absorption. Genes Nutr. 2014;9:414 pubmed publisher..elegans. Those effects are mediated by the transport of oxidized cholesterol adducts which then trigger the inhibition of DAF-9 and DAF-12 through the activation of DAF-16. ..