Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: par-2
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Gudgen M, Chandrasekaran A, Frazier T, Boyd L. Interactions within the ubiquitin pathway of Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:479-86 pubmed..Using NHL-1 as the E3 in the assays, ubiquitination was observed when both UBC-1 and UBC-13 were present but not with either alone. These data imply that some E2s require dimerization in order to function. ..
- Rappleye C, Tagawa A, Lyczak R, Bowerman B, Aroian R. The anaphase-promoting complex and separin are required for embryonic anterior-posterior axis formation. Dev Cell. 2002;2:195-206 pubmed..We propose that the APC/separin pathway promotes close association of the centrosome with the cortex, which in turn excludes PAR-3 from the posterior pole early in a-p axis formation. ..
- Motegi F, Zonies S, Hao Y, Cuenca A, Griffin E, Seydoux G. Microtubules induce self-organization of polarized PAR domains in Caenorhabditis elegans zygotes. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1361-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate how microtubules, independently of actin dynamics, stimulate the self-organization of PAR proteins by providing local protection against a global barrier imposed by aPKC...
- Goehring N, Trong P, Bois J, Chowdhury D, Nicola E, Hyman A, et al. Polarization of PAR proteins by advective triggering of a pattern-forming system. Science. 2011;334:1137-41 pubmed publisher..We suggest that passive advective transport in an active and flowing material may be a general mechanism for mechanochemical pattern formation in developmental systems. ..
- Dudley N, Labbé J, Goldstein B. Using RNA interference to identify genes required for RNA interference. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4191-6 pubmed..The finding that genes predicted to encode proteins that associate with chromatin are involved in RNAi in C. elegans raises the possibility that chromatin may play a role in RNAi in animals, as it does in plants. ..
- Levitan D, Boyd L, Mello C, Kemphues K, Stinchcomb D. par-2, a gene required for blastomere asymmetry in Caenorhabditis elegans, encodes zinc-finger and ATP-binding motifs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6108-12 pubmed
- Cheng N, Kirby C, Kemphues K. Control of cleavage spindle orientation in Caenorhabditis elegans: the role of the genes par-2 and par-3. Genetics. 1995;139:549-59 pubmed..This polar modification leads to different behaviors of centrosomes in the anterior and posterior and leads ultimately to blastomere-specific spindle orientations at the second cleavage. ..
- Arata Y, Lee J, Goldstein B, Sawa H. Extracellular control of PAR protein localization during asymmetric cell division in the C. elegans embryo. Development. 2010;137:3337-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Src functions as an evolutionarily conserved molecular link that coordinates extrinsic cues with PAR protein localization. ..
- Beatty A, Morton D, Kemphues K. PAR-2, LGL-1 and the CDC-42 GAP CHIN-1 act in distinct pathways to maintain polarity in the C. elegans embryo. Development. 2013;140:2005-14 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that, in addition to its primary role in regulating the size of the anterior cortical domain via its binding to PAR-6, CDC-42 has a secondary role in regulating cortical myosin that is not dependent on PAR-6...