Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nmy-2
Description: Non-muscle MYosin
Alias: Non-muscle MYosin
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Piekny A, Johnson J, Cham G, Mains P. The Caenorhabditis elegans nonmuscle myosin genes nmy-1 and nmy-2 function as redundant components of the let-502/Rho-binding kinase and mel-11/myosin phosphatase pathway during embryonic morphogenesis. Development. 2003;130:5695-704 pubmed..Upon completion of morphogenesis, MEL-11 again appears in the cytoplasm where it may halt actin/myosin contraction. ..
- Ou G, Stuurman N, D Ambrosio M, Vale R. Polarized myosin produces unequal-size daughters during asymmetric cell division. Science. 2010;330:677-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, the balance of myosin activity on the two sides of a dividing cell can govern the size and fate of the daughters. ..
- Poteryaev D, Squirrell J, Campbell J, White J, Spang A. Involvement of the actin cytoskeleton and homotypic membrane fusion in ER dynamics in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2139-53 pubmed..Both proteins have been implicated in homotypic ER membrane fusion. We provide evidence that homotypic membrane fusion is required to form the sheet structure in the early embryo. ..
- Werner M, Munro E, Glotzer M. Astral signals spatially bias cortical myosin recruitment to break symmetry and promote cytokinesis. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1286-97 pubmed..In particular, we conclude that the astral pathway for cleavage-furrow formation involves the negative regulation of myosin distribution by astral cues. ..
- GOULDING M, Canman J, Senning E, Marcus A, Bowerman B. Control of nuclear centration in the C. elegans zygote by receptor-independent Galpha signaling and myosin II. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:1177-91 pubmed..These results suggest that Galpha signaling and LET-99 control centration by regulating polarized actomyosin contraction...