Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mpk 1
Description: Mitogen-activated protein kinase mpk-1
Alias: Mitogen-activated protein kinase mpk-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
Products: mpk 1
- Yoon D, Alfhili M, Friend K, Lee M. MPK-1/ERK regulatory network controls the number of sperm by regulating timing of sperm-oocyte switch in C. elegans germline. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:1077-1082 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the MPK-1/ERK regulatory network, including FBF-1, FBF-2, and LIP-1, controls the number of sperm by regulating the timing of the sperm-oocyte switch in C. elegans. ..
- Yin Y, Donlevy S, Smolikove S. Coordination of Recombination with Meiotic Progression in the Caenorhabditis elegans Germline by KIN-18, a TAO Kinase That Regulates the Timing of MPK-1 Signaling. Genetics. 2016;202:45-59 pubmed publisher..Meiosis is a conserved process; thus, revealing that KIN-18 is a novel regulator of meiotic progression in C. elegans would help to elucidate TAO kinase's role in germline development in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Schouest K, Kurasawa Y, Furuta T, Hisamoto N, Matsumoto K, Schumacher J. The germinal center kinase GCK-1 is a negative regulator of MAP kinase activation and apoptosis in the C. elegans germline. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7450 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that individual germinal center kinases act in mechanistically distinct ways and that these functions are likely to depend on organ- and developmental-specific contexts. ..
- Xue H, Xian B, Dong D, Xia K, Zhu S, Zhang Z, et al. A modular network model of aging. Mol Syst Biol. 2007;3:147 pubmed..Network simulations further suggest that aging might preferentially attack key regulatory nodes that are important for the network stability, implicating a potential molecular basis for the stochastic nature of aging. ..
- Okuyama T, Inoue H, Ookuma S, Satoh T, Kano K, Honjoh S, et al. The ERK-MAPK pathway regulates longevity through SKN-1 and insulin-like signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30274-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus identify a novel ERK-MAPK-mediated signaling pathway that promotes longevity. ..
- Nykamp K, Lee M, Kimble J. C. elegans La-related protein, LARP-1, localizes to germline P bodies and attenuates Ras-MAPK signaling during oogenesis. RNA. 2008;14:1378-89 pubmed publisher..We suggest that LARP-1 functions in P bodies to attenuate the abundance of conserved Ras-MAPK mRNAs. We also propose that the cluster of LARP-1 homologs may function generally to control the expression of key developmental regulators. ..
- Falin R, Miyazaki H, Strange K. C. elegans STK39/SPAK ortholog-mediated inhibition of ClC anion channel activity is regulated by WNK-independent ERK kinase signaling. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;300:C624-35 pubmed publisher..We postulate that MEK-2/MPK-1 functions upstream from GCK-3 to regulate its activity during cell volume and meiotic cell cycle changes. ..
- Etheridge T, Oczypok E, Lehmann S, Fields B, Shephard F, Jacobson L, et al. Calpains mediate integrin attachment complex maintenance of adult muscle in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002471 pubmed publisher..Since C. elegans lacks satellite cells, this mechanism is intrinsic to the muscles and raises the question if such a mechanism also exists in higher metazoans. ..
- Hsu V, Zobel C, Lambie E, Schedl T, Kornfeld K. Caenorhabditis elegans lin-45 raf is essential for larval viability, fertility and the induction of vulval cell fates. Genetics. 2002;160:481-92 pubmed..elegans development. ..
- Irazoqui J, Troemel E, Feinbaum R, Luhachack L, Cezairliyan B, Ausubel F. Distinct pathogenesis and host responses during infection of C. elegans by P. aeruginosa and S. aureus. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000982 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa nor the S. aureus-triggered response requires canonical TLR signaling, they imply the existence of unidentified mechanisms for pathogen detection in C. elegans, with potentially conserved roles also in mammals. ..
- Wu Y, Han M. Suppression of activated Let-60 ras protein defines a role of Caenorhabditis elegans Sur-1 MAP kinase in vulval differentiation. Genes Dev. 1994;8:147-59 pubmed
- Sasagawa Y, Sato S, Ogura T, Higashitani A. C. elegans RBX-2-CUL-5- and RBX-1-CUL-2-based complexes are redundant for oogenesis and activation of the MAP kinase MPK-1. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:145-50 pubmed..Yeast two-hybrid analysis and RNAi-knockdown experiments suggest that oocyte maturation from pachytene exit and MPK-1 activation are redundantly controlled by the RBX-2-CUL-5- and RBX-1-CUL-2-based complexes. ..
- Eberhard R, Stergiou L, Hofmann E, Hofmann J, Haenni S, Teo Y, et al. Ribosome synthesis and MAPK activity modulate ionizing radiation-induced germ cell apoptosis in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003943 pubmed publisher..Ribosome synthesis and growth-factor signalling are perturbed in many cancer cells; such an interplay between basic cellular processes and signalling might be critical for how tumours evolve or respond to treatment. ..
- Walhout A, Sordella R, Lu X, Hartley J, Temple G, Brasch M, et al. Protein interaction mapping in C. elegans using proteins involved in vulval development. Science. 2000;287:116-22 pubmed..A protein interaction mapping project is now feasible for C. elegans on a genome-wide scale and should contribute to the understanding of molecular mechanisms in this organism and in human diseases. ..
- Gravato Nobre M, Vaz F, Filipe S, Chalmers R, Hodgkin J. The Invertebrate Lysozyme Effector ILYS-3 Is Systemically Activated in Response to Danger Signals and Confers Antimicrobial Protection in C. elegans. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005826 pubmed publisher..The coelomocyte expression appeared to contribute little to normal growth or immunity. Recombinant ILYS-3 protein was found to exhibit appropriate lytic activity against Gram-positive cell wall material. ..
- Spilker A, Rabilotta A, Zbinden C, Labbé J, Gotta M. MAP kinase signaling antagonizes PAR-1 function during polarization of the early Caenorhabditis elegans embryo. Genetics. 2009;183:965-77 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore indicates that MAP kinase signaling antagonizes PAR-1 signaling during early C. elegans embryonic polarization. ..