Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mom-5
Description: Protein mom-5
Alias: Protein mom-5
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Moffat L, Robinson R, Bakoulis A, Clark S. The conserved transmembrane RING finger protein PLR-1 downregulates Wnt signaling by reducing Frizzled, Ror and Ryk cell-surface levels in C. elegans. Development. 2014;141:617-28 pubmed publisher..We propose that PLR-1 downregulates Wnt receptor surface levels via lysine ubiquitylation of Frizzled to coordinate spatial and temporal responses to Wnts during neuronal development. ..
- Schneider J, Skelton R, Von Stetina S, Middelkoop T, van Oudenaarden A, Korswagen H, et al. UNC-4 antagonizes Wnt signaling to regulate synaptic choice in the C. elegans motor circuit. Development. 2012;139:2234-45 pubmed publisher..The existence of comparable Wnt gradients in the vertebrate spinal cord could reflect similar roles for Wnt signaling in vertebrate motor circuit assembly. ..
- Cabello J, Neukomm L, Günesdogan U, Burkart K, Charette S, Lochnit G, et al. The Wnt pathway controls cell death engulfment, spindle orientation, and migration through CED-10/Rac. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000297 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in multiple developmental processes, CED-10/Rac can link polar signals mediated by the Wnt pathway to rearrangements of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Chien S, Gurling M, Kim C, Craft T, FORRESTER W, Garriga G. Autonomous and nonautonomous regulation of Wnt-mediated neuronal polarity by the C. elegans Ror kinase CAM-1. Dev Biol. 2015;404:55-65 pubmed publisher..In this model, loss of CAM-1 results in increased levels of Wnts that act through other Wnt receptors, masking CAM-1's autonomous role as a Wnt receptor. ..
- Sawyer J, Glass S, Li T, Shemer G, White N, Starostina N, et al. Overcoming redundancy: an RNAi enhancer screen for morphogenesis genes in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2011;188:549-64 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate new genes in C. elegans gastrulation, and they show that an RNAi-based enhancer screen in C. elegans can be used as an efficient means to identify important but redundant or partially redundant developmental genes. ..
- Witze E, Field E, Hunt D, Rothman J. C. elegans pur alpha, an activator of end-1, synergizes with the Wnt pathway to specify endoderm. Dev Biol. 2009;327:12-23 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that PLP-1 acts as a transcriptional activator of end-1 expression that may be modulated by MAPK signaling to promote endoderm development. ..
- Pan C, Howell J, Clark S, Hilliard M, Cordes S, Bargmann C, et al. Multiple Wnts and frizzled receptors regulate anteriorly directed cell and growth cone migrations in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Cell. 2006;10:367-77 pubmed..Our results indicate that Wnts play a key role in A/P guidance in C. elegans and employ distinct mechanisms to regulate different migrations. ..
- Hawkins N, Ellis G, Bowerman B, Garriga G. MOM-5 frizzled regulates the distribution of DSH-2 to control C. elegans asymmetric neuroblast divisions. Dev Biol. 2005;284:246-59 pubmed..Although all neurons in C. elegans are produced by an invariant pattern of cell divisions, our results indicate that cell signaling may contribute to asymmetric neuroblast division during embryogenesis. ..
- Rocheleau C, Yasuda J, Shin T, Lin R, Sawa H, Okano H, et al. WRM-1 activates the LIT-1 protein kinase to transduce anterior/posterior polarity signals in C. elegans. Cell. 1999;97:717-26 pubmed..This activation leads to phosphorylation of POP-1 and to apparent changes in its subcellular localization. Our findings provide evidence for novel regulatory avenues for an evolutionarily conserved Wnt/WG signaling pathway. ..