Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mom-2
Description: Protein mom-2
Alias: Protein mom-2
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Pan C, Howell J, Clark S, Hilliard M, Cordes S, Bargmann C, et al. Multiple Wnts and frizzled receptors regulate anteriorly directed cell and growth cone migrations in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Cell. 2006;10:367-77 pubmed..Our results indicate that Wnts play a key role in A/P guidance in C. elegans and employ distinct mechanisms to regulate different migrations. ..
- Witze E, Field E, Hunt D, Rothman J. C. elegans pur alpha, an activator of end-1, synergizes with the Wnt pathway to specify endoderm. Dev Biol. 2009;327:12-23 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that PLP-1 acts as a transcriptional activator of end-1 expression that may be modulated by MAPK signaling to promote endoderm development. ..
- Green J, Inoue T, Sternberg P. The C. elegans ROR receptor tyrosine kinase, CAM-1, non-autonomously inhibits the Wnt pathway. Development. 2007;134:4053-62 pubmed..A sequestration model is supported by our findings that the CAM-1 ECD binds to several Wnts in vitro. These results demonstrate how ROR proteins help to refine the spatial pattern of Wnt activity in a complex multicellular environment...
- Lee J, Marston D, Walston T, Hardin J, Halberstadt A, Goldstein B. Wnt/Frizzled signaling controls C. elegans gastrulation by activating actomyosin contractility. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1986-97 pubmed..These findings forge new links between cell-fate specification and morphogenesis, and they represent a novel mechanism by which Wnt signaling can regulate morphogenesis. ..
- Shin T, Yasuda J, Rocheleau C, Lin R, Soto M, Bei Y, et al. MOM-4, a MAP kinase kinase kinase-related protein, activates WRM-1/LIT-1 kinase to transduce anterior/posterior polarity signals in C. elegans. Mol Cell. 1999;4:275-80 pubmed..These findings suggest that anterior/posterior polarity signaling in C. elegans may involve a MAP kinase-like signaling mechanism. ..
- Cabello J, Neukomm L, Günesdogan U, Burkart K, Charette S, Lochnit G, et al. The Wnt pathway controls cell death engulfment, spindle orientation, and migration through CED-10/Rac. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000297 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in multiple developmental processes, CED-10/Rac can link polar signals mediated by the Wnt pathway to rearrangements of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Sugioka K, Mizumoto K, Sawa H. Wnt regulates spindle asymmetry to generate asymmetric nuclear ?-catenin in C. elegans. Cell. 2011;146:942-54 pubmed publisher..Moreover, laser manipulation of the spindles rescued defects in nuclear POP-1 asymmetry in wnt mutants. Our results reveal a mechanism in which the nuclear localization of proteins is regulated through the modulation of microtubules. ..
- Park F, Priess J. Establishment of POP-1 asymmetry in early C. elegans embryos. Development. 2003;130:3547-56 pubmed..Although cell signaling plays a critical role in POP-1 asymmetry during the first few cell divisions, later embryonic cells have an ability to generate POP-1 asymmetry that appears to be independent of prior Wnt signaling. ..
- Meneghini M, Ishitani T, Carter J, Hisamoto N, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Thorpe C, et al. MAP kinase and Wnt pathways converge to downregulate an HMG-domain repressor in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 1999;399:793-7 pubmed..These functions are likely to be conserved in vertebrates, as TAK1 and NLK can downregulate HMG-domain-containing proteins related to POP-1. ..
- Lezzerini M, Budovskaya Y. A dual role of the Wnt signaling pathway during aging in Caenorhabditis elegans. Aging Cell. 2014;13:8-18 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Wnt signaling regulates aging-intrinsic genetic pathways, opening a new research direction on the role of Wnt signaling in aging and age-related diseases. ..
- Robertson S, Medina J, Oldenbroek M, Lin R. Reciprocal signaling by Wnt and Notch specifies a muscle precursor in the C. elegans embryo. Development. 2017;144:419-429 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the complexity of cell fate specification by cell-cell interactions in a rapidly dividing embryo. ..