Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mab-5
Description: Homeobox protein mab-5
Alias: Homeobox protein mab-5
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Hahn A, Emmons S. The roles of an ephrin and a semaphorin in patterning cell-cell contacts in C. elegans sensory organ development. Dev Biol. 2003;256:379-88 pubmed..The evidence indicates that ray identity genes primarily regulate ray morphogenesis by pathways other than through regulation of expression of semaphorin and ephrin. ..
- Yu H, Seah A, Sternberg P. Re-programming of C. elegans male epidermal precursor fates by Wnt, Hox, and LIN-12/Notch activities. Dev Biol. 2010;345:1-11 pubmed publisher..p fate specification, indicating that regulation of ectopic HCG fate formation revealed in anterior Pn.p cells reflect mechanisms of pattern formation during normal hook development. ..
- Tamayo J, Gujar M, Macdonald S, Lundquist E. Functional transcriptomic analysis of the role of MAB-5/Hox in Q neuroblast migration in Caenorhabditis elegans. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:304 pubmed publisher..The identities of the genes regulated by MAB-5 indicate that MAB-5 acts by modifying interactions with the basement membrane, resulting in posterior versus anterior migration. ..
- Wang X, Zhou F, Lv S, Yi P, Zhu Z, Yang Y, et al. Transmembrane protein MIG-13 links the Wnt signaling and Hox genes to the cell polarity in neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11175-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, MIG-13 links the Wnt signaling and Hox genes that guide migrations, to the actin cytoskeleton, which executes the motility response in neuronal migration. ..
- Josephson M, Chai Y, Ou G, Lundquist E. EGL-20/Wnt and MAB-5/Hox Act Sequentially to Inhibit Anterior Migration of Neuroblasts in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148658 pubmed publisher..In addition to inhibiting anterior migration, MAB-5/Hox also cell-autonomously promotes posterior migration of QL.a (and QR.a in a mab-5 gain-of-function). ..
- Josephson M, Miltner A, Lundquist E. Nonautonomous Roles of MAB-5/Hox and the Secreted Basement Membrane Molecule SPON-1/F-Spondin in Caenorhabditis elegans Neuronal Migration. Genetics. 2016;203:1747-62 pubmed publisher..spon-1 expression from BWMs might be part of the posterior patterning necessary for directed Q descendant migration. ..
- Maloof J, Kenyon C. The Hox gene lin-39 is required during C. elegans vulval induction to select the outcome of Ras signaling. Development. 1998;125:181-90 pubmed..Our findings suggest that in addition to permitting vulval cell divisions to occur, lin-39 is also required to specify the outcome of Ras signaling by selectively activating vulva-specific genes. ..
- Gutierrez A, Knoch L, Witte H, Sommer R. Functional specificity of the nematode Hox gene mab-5. Development. 2003;130:983-93 pubmed..elegans paralogous Hox proteins can rescue Cel-mab-5. Experiments with chimeric, truncated and mutagenized Hox proteins suggest the specificity to be conferred by the N-terminal arm and helix I, but not helix II of the homeodomain. ..
- Tian C, Shi H, Colledge C, Stern M, Waterston R, Liu J. The C. elegans SoxC protein SEM-2 opposes differentiation factors to promote a proliferative blast cell fate in the postembryonic mesoderm. Development. 2011;138:1033-43 pubmed publisher..elegans M lineage suggests a possible more general link between Hox-PBC factors and SoxC proteins in regulating cell proliferation. ..