Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lit-1
Description: Serine/threonine kinase NLK
Alias: Serine/threonine kinase NLK
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Putzke A, Rothman J. Repression of Wnt signaling by a Fer-type nonreceptor tyrosine kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16154-9 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight a role for a Fer-type kinase in setting the proper levels of Wnt signaling and demonstrate the importance of this modulation in ensuring appropriate cell division. ..
- Walston T, Tuskey C, Edgar L, Hawkins N, Ellis G, Bowerman B, et al. Multiple Wnt signaling pathways converge to orient the mitotic spindle in early C. elegans embryos. Dev Cell. 2004;7:831-41 pubmed
- Shostak Y, Van Gilst M, Antebi A, Yamamoto K. Identification of C. elegans DAF-12-binding sites, response elements, and target genes. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2529-44 pubmed..DAF-12 target gene regulation was developmental program and stage specific, potentially predicting a fit of these targets into regulatory networks governing aspects of C. elegans reproductive development and dauer formation. ..
- Gay F, Calvo D, Lo M, Ceron J, Maduro M, Lin R, et al. Acetylation regulates subcellular localization of the Wnt signaling nuclear effector POP-1. Genes Dev. 2003;17:717-22 pubmed..elegans embryogenesis. The conservation of these lysines among other LEF/TCF family members suggests that acetylation may be an important, evolutionarily conserved mechanism regulating subcellular distribution of LEF/TCF factors. ..
- Meneghini M, Ishitani T, Carter J, Hisamoto N, Ninomiya Tsuji J, Thorpe C, et al. MAP kinase and Wnt pathways converge to downregulate an HMG-domain repressor in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 1999;399:793-7 pubmed..These functions are likely to be conserved in vertebrates, as TAK1 and NLK can downregulate HMG-domain-containing proteins related to POP-1. ..
- Nakamura K, Kim S, Ishidate T, Bei Y, Pang K, Shirayama M, et al. Wnt signaling drives WRM-1/beta-catenin asymmetries in early C. elegans embryos. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1749-54 pubmed..We show that both PRY-1/Axin and the nuclear exportin homolog IMB-4/CRM-1 antagonize signaling. These findings reveal how Wnt signals direct the asymmetric localization of beta-catenin during polarized cell division. ..
- O Sullivan N, Fallon R, Carroll C, Smith T, Maher M. Detection and differentiation of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli in broiler chicken samples using a PCR/DNA probe membrane based colorimetric detection assay. Mol Cell Probes. 2000;14:7-16 pubmed..The combined PCR and colorimetric reverse hybridization assay is easy to perform and faster than conventional methods for confirmation and identification of Campylobacter species. ..
- Oikonomou G, Perens E, Lu Y, Watanabe S, Jorgensen E, Shaham S. Opposing activities of LIT-1/NLK and DAF-6/patched-related direct sensory compartment morphogenesis in C. elegans. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001121 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the opposing daf-6 and lit-1 glial pathways act together to control sensory compartment size. ..
- Asahina M, Valenta T, Silhankova M, Korinek V, Jindra M. Crosstalk between a nuclear receptor and beta-catenin signaling decides cell fates in the C. elegans somatic gonad. Dev Cell. 2006;11:203-11 pubmed..This balance relies on direct crossregulation between NHR-25 and the distinct beta-catenin proteins WRM-1 and SYS-1. The nuclear receptor-beta-catenin interaction may be an ancient mechanism of cell-fate decision. ..
- Ren H, Zhang H. Wnt signaling controls temporal identities of seam cells in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2010;345:144-55 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel function of Wnt signaling in controlling the timing of seam cell development in C. elegans. ..
- Yang X, Huang S, Lo M, Mizumoto K, Sawa H, Xu W, et al. Distinct and mutually inhibitory binding by two divergent ?-catenins coordinates TCF levels and activity in C. elegans. Development. 2011;138:4255-65 pubmed publisher..These studies could provide novel insights into cancers arising from aberrant Wnt activation. ..
- Siegfried K, Kidd A, Chesney M, Kimble J. The sys-1 and sys-3 genes cooperate with Wnt signaling to establish the proximal-distal axis of the Caenorhabditis elegans gonad. Genetics. 2004;166:171-86 pubmed..We suggest that sys-3 is a new key gene in this pathway and that gon-14, gon-15, and gon-16 may cooperate with POP-1 and SYS-1 at multiple stages of gonad development. ..