Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lin 41
Description: Protein lin-41
Alias: Protein lin-41
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
Products: lin 41
- Spike C, Coetzee D, Nishi Y, Guven Ozkan T, Oldenbroek M, Yamamoto I, et al. Translational control of the oogenic program by components of OMA ribonucleoprotein particles in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2014;198:1513-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support a model in which the conserved regulators of mRNA translation LIN-41 and OMA-1/2 coordinately control oocyte growth and the proper spatial and temporal execution of the meiotic maturation decision. ..
- Matsuura R, Ashikawa T, Nozaki Y, Kitagawa D. LIN-41 inactivation leads to delayed centrosome elimination and abnormal chromosome behavior during female meiosis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:799-811 pubmed publisher..Overall, our work provides new insights into the regulation of centrosome behavior to ensure critical meiotic events and the generation of intact oocytes. ..
- Tsukamoto T, Gearhart M, Spike C, Huelgas Morales G, Mews M, Boag P, et al. LIN-41 and OMA Ribonucleoprotein Complexes Mediate a Translational Repression-to-Activation Switch Controlling Oocyte Meiotic Maturation and the Oocyte-to-Embryo Transition in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2017;206:2007-2039 pubmed publisher..Upon their synthesis, SPN-4 and MEG-1 assemble into LIN-41 RNPs prior to their functions in the embryo. This study defines a translational repression-to-activation switch as a key element of cytoplasmic maturation. ..
- Kanamoto T, Terada K, Yoshikawa H, Furukawa T. Cloning and regulation of the vertebrate homologue of lin-41 that functions as a heterochronic gene in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1142-9 pubmed..The 3'UTRs of the mouse and chick lin-41 genes contain multiple let-7 complementary sites. Using luciferase assay, we showed that lin-41 expression can be regulated through let-7 complementary sites. ..
- Ecsedi M, Rausch M, GroÃŸhans H. The let-7 microRNA directs vulval development through a single target. Dev Cell. 2015;32:335-44 pubmed publisher..Hence, let-7 does not function to reduce gene expression noise broadly, but to direct vulval development through extensive regulation of a single, defined target. ..