Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lin-39
Description: Homeobox protein lin-39
Alias: Homeobox protein lin-39
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Yang L, Sym M, Kenyon C. The roles of two C. elegans HOX co-factor orthologs in cell migration and vulva development. Development. 2005;132:1413-28 pubmed..Surprisingly, ceh-20 and unc-62 mutants have phenotypes that are starkly different from those of lin-39 mutants. Thus, in this process, too, ceh-20 and unc-62 are likely to have functions that are independent of lin-39. ..
- Winn J, Carter M, Avery L, Cameron S. Hox and a newly identified E2F co-repress cell death in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2011;188:897-905 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate that LIN-39 and EFL-3 function in a cell type-specific context to regulate transcription of the egl-1 BH3-only cell death gene and to determine cell fate during development. ..
- Howard R, Sundaram M. C. elegans EOR-1/PLZF and EOR-2 positively regulate Ras and Wnt signaling and function redundantly with LIN-25 and the SUR-2 Mediator component. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1815-27 pubmed..Further studies of eor-1 and eor-2 may provide insight into the roles of PLZF in normal development and leukemogenesis. ..
- Wang X, Zhou F, Lv S, Yi P, Zhu Z, Yang Y, et al. Transmembrane protein MIG-13 links the Wnt signaling and Hox genes to the cell polarity in neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11175-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, MIG-13 links the Wnt signaling and Hox genes that guide migrations, to the actin cytoskeleton, which executes the motility response in neuronal migration. ..
- Takacs Vellai K, Vellai T, Chen E, Zhang Y, Guerry F, Stern M, et al. Transcriptional control of Notch signaling by a HOX and a PBX/EXD protein during vulval development in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;302:661-9 pubmed
- Tian C, Shi H, Colledge C, Stern M, Waterston R, Liu J. The C. elegans SoxC protein SEM-2 opposes differentiation factors to promote a proliferative blast cell fate in the postembryonic mesoderm. Development. 2011;138:1033-43 pubmed publisher..elegans M lineage suggests a possible more general link between Hox-PBC factors and SoxC proteins in regulating cell proliferation. ..
- Gleason J, Korswagen H, Eisenmann D. Activation of Wnt signaling bypasses the requirement for RTK/Ras signaling during C. elegans vulval induction. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1281-90 pubmed..These data suggest that hyperactivation of Wnt signaling is sufficient to cause VPCs to adopt induced fates and that a canonical Wnt pathway may play an important role during C. elegans vulval induction. ..
- Josephson M, Miltner A, Lundquist E. Nonautonomous Roles of MAB-5/Hox and the Secreted Basement Membrane Molecule SPON-1/F-Spondin in Caenorhabditis elegans Neuronal Migration. Genetics. 2016;203:1747-62 pubmed publisher..spon-1 expression from BWMs might be part of the posterior patterning necessary for directed Q descendant migration. ..
- Loer C, Kenyon C. Serotonin-deficient mutants and male mating behavior in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci. 1993;13:5407-17 pubmed..Analysis of these and additional serotonin-deficient mutants may help us understand how a neuron controls the expression of a serotonergic phenotype. ..