Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lin 3
Description: Protein lin-3;hypothetical protein
Alias: Protein lin-3;hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Saffer A, Kim D, van Oudenaarden A, Horvitz H. The Caenorhabditis elegans synthetic multivulva genes prevent ras pathway activation by tightly repressing global ectopic expression of lin-3 EGF. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002418 pubmed publisher..Analogous genes in mammals might function as tumor suppressors by preventing broad ectopic expression of EGF-like ligands. ..
- Maloof J, Kenyon C. The Hox gene lin-39 is required during C. elegans vulval induction to select the outcome of Ras signaling. Development. 1998;125:181-90 pubmed..Our findings suggest that in addition to permitting vulval cell divisions to occur, lin-39 is also required to specify the outcome of Ras signaling by selectively activating vulva-specific genes. ..
- Horvitz H, Sulston J. Isolation and genetic characterization of cell-lineage mutants of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 1980;96:435-54 pubmed..Three of the mutants are suppressed by pleiotropic suppressors believed to be specific for null alleles, suggesting that their phenotypes result from the complete absence of gene activity. ..
- Fernandes J, Sternberg P. The tailless ortholog nhr-67 regulates patterning of gene expression and morphogenesis in the C. elegans vulva. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e69 pubmed..We postulate that the differential levels and combinatorial patterns of lin-11, cog-1, and nhr-67 expression are a part of a regulatory code for the mature vulval cell types...
- Eisenmann D, Kim S. Mechanism of activation of the Caenorhabditis elegans ras homologue let-60 by a novel, temperature-sensitive, gain-of-function mutation. Genetics. 1997;146:553-65 pubmed..Our results suggest that a mutation in a human ras gene analogous to ga89 might contribute to oncogenic transformation. ..
- Detwiler M, Reuben M, Li X, Rogers E, Lin R. Two zinc finger proteins, OMA-1 and OMA-2, are redundantly required for oocyte maturation in C. elegans. Dev Cell. 2001;1:187-99 pubmed..The Oma prophase arrest is released by inactivation of a MYT-1-like kinase, suggesting that OMA-1 and OMA-2 function upstream of MYT-1 as positive regulators of prophase progression during meiotic maturation. ..
- Dutt A, Canevascini S, Froehli Hoier E, Hajnal A. EGF signal propagation during C. elegans vulval development mediated by ROM-1 rhomboid. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:e334 pubmed..These results indicate that, in spite of their structural diversity, Rhomboid proteins play a conserved role in activating EGFR signaling in C. elegans, Drosophila, and possibly also in mammals. ..
- Chi W, Reinke V. Promotion of oogenesis and embryogenesis in the C. elegans gonad by EFL-1/DPL-1 (E2F) does not require LIN-35 (pRB). Development. 2006;133:3147-57 pubmed..Thus, in vivo, C. elegans E2F directly promotes oogenesis and embryogenesis through the activation of a tissue-specific transcriptional program that does not require LIN-35. ..
- Green J, Inoue T, Sternberg P. The C. elegans ROR receptor tyrosine kinase, CAM-1, non-autonomously inhibits the Wnt pathway. Development. 2007;134:4053-62 pubmed..A sequestration model is supported by our findings that the CAM-1 ECD binds to several Wnts in vitro. These results demonstrate how ROR proteins help to refine the spatial pattern of Wnt activity in a complex multicellular environment...
- Jiang H, Wu Y. LIN-3/EGF promotes the programmed cell death of specific cells in Caenorhabditis elegans by transcriptional activation of the pro-apoptotic gene egl-1. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004513 pubmed publisher..Our data and the previous cell culture studies that say EGF triggers apoptosis in some cell lines suggest that the EGF-mediated modulation of PCD is likely conserved in C. elegans and humans. ..