Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lin-1
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Leight E, Glossip D, Kornfeld K. Sumoylation of LIN-1 promotes transcriptional repression and inhibition of vulval cell fates. Development. 2005;132:1047-56 pubmed..These studies identify a molecular mechanism for SUMO-mediated transcriptional repression. ..
- Howard R, Sundaram M. C. elegans EOR-1/PLZF and EOR-2 positively regulate Ras and Wnt signaling and function redundantly with LIN-25 and the SUR-2 Mediator component. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1815-27 pubmed..Further studies of eor-1 and eor-2 may provide insight into the roles of PLZF in normal development and leukemogenesis. ..
- Wagmaister J, Miley G, Morris C, Gleason J, Miller L, Kornfeld K, et al. Identification of cis-regulatory elements from the C. elegans Hox gene lin-39 required for embryonic expression and for regulation by the transcription factors LIN-1, LIN-31 and LIN-39. Dev Biol. 2006;297:550-65 pubmed..p. Therefore, we have begun to unravel the cis-acting sites regulating lin-39 Hox gene expression and have shown that lin-39 is a direct target of the Ras pathway acting via LIN-1 and LIN-31. ..
- Maloof J, Kenyon C. The Hox gene lin-39 is required during C. elegans vulval induction to select the outcome of Ras signaling. Development. 1998;125:181-90 pubmed..Our findings suggest that in addition to permitting vulval cell divisions to occur, lin-39 is also required to specify the outcome of Ras signaling by selectively activating vulva-specific genes. ..
- Jiang H, Wu Y. LIN-3/EGF promotes the programmed cell death of specific cells in Caenorhabditis elegans by transcriptional activation of the pro-apoptotic gene egl-1. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004513 pubmed publisher..Our data and the previous cell culture studies that say EGF triggers apoptosis in some cell lines suggest that the EGF-mediated modulation of PCD is likely conserved in C. elegans and humans. ..
- Yoder J, Chong H, Guan K, Han M. Modulation of KSR activity in Caenorhabditis elegans by Zn ions, PAR-1 kinase and PP2A phosphatase. EMBO J. 2004;23:111-9 pubmed..Genetic analysis also indicates that PP2A phosphatase and PAR-1 kinase act downstream of Raf to positively and negatively regulate KSR activity, respectively...
- Kim S, Johnson W, Chen C, Sewell A, Byström A, Han M. Allele-specific suppressors of lin-1(R175Opal) identify functions of MOC-3 and DPH-3 in tRNA modification complexes in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2010;185:1235-47 pubmed publisher..Our genetic data suggest that the functional interaction of moc-3/urm-1 and dph-3 with the ELP complex is an evolutionarily conserved mechanism involved in tRNA functions that are important for accurate translation...
- Massirer K, Perez S, Mondol V, Pasquinelli A. The miR-35-41 family of microRNAs regulates RNAi sensitivity in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002536 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that miRNAs can broadly regulate other small RNA pathways and, thus, have far reaching effects on gene expression beyond directly targeting specific mRNAs. ..
- Horvitz H, Sulston J. Isolation and genetic characterization of cell-lineage mutants of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 1980;96:435-54 pubmed..Three of the mutants are suppressed by pleiotropic suppressors believed to be specific for null alleles, suggesting that their phenotypes result from the complete absence of gene activity. ..
- Eastburn D, Han M. A gain-of-function allele of cbp-1, the Caenorhabditis elegans ortholog of the mammalian CBP/p300 gene, causes an increase in histone acetyltransferase activity and antagonism of activated Ras. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9427-34 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the only such HAT activity mutation isolated in a CBP/p300 family protein, and this mutation may define a negative role of the HAT activity in antagonizing Ras function in a specific developmental event. ..