Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lgg-1
Description: Protein lgg-1
Alias: Protein lgg-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Lapierre L, Gelino S, Melendez A, Hansen M. Autophagy and lipid metabolism coordinately modulate life span in germline-less C. elegans. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1507-14 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data offer a novel mechanism by which autophagy and the lipase LIPL-4 interdependently modulate aging in germline-deficient C. elegans by maintaining lipid homeostasis to prolong life span. ..
- Zhang Y, Yan L, Zhou Z, Yang P, Tian E, Zhang K, et al. SEPA-1 mediates the specific recognition and degradation of P granule components by autophagy in C. elegans. Cell. 2009;136:308-21 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a mechanism for preferential degradation of protein aggregates by autophagy and emphasizes the physiological significance of selective autophagy during animal development. ..
- Erdélyi P, Borsos E, Takacs Vellai K, Kovacs T, Kovacs A, Sigmond T, et al. Shared developmental roles and transcriptional control of autophagy and apoptosis in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1510-8 pubmed publisher..The identification of apoptosis and autophagy as compensatory cellular pathways in C. elegans might help us to understand how dysregulated PCD in humans can lead to diverse pathologies, including cancer, neurodegeneration and diabetes. ..
- Palikaras K, Lionaki E, Tavernarakis N. Coordination of mitophagy and mitochondrial biogenesis during ageing in C. elegans. Nature. 2015;521:525-8 pubmed publisher..Uncoupling of these two processes during ageing contributes to overproliferation of damaged mitochondria and decline of cellular function. ..
- Robida Stubbs S, Glover Cutter K, Lamming D, Mizunuma M, Narasimhan S, Neumann Haefelin E, et al. TOR signaling and rapamycin influence longevity by regulating SKN-1/Nrf and DAF-16/FoxO. Cell Metab. 2012;15:713-24 pubmed publisher..We conclude that modulation of SKN-1/Nrf and DAF-16/FoxO may be generally important in the effects of TOR signaling in vivo and that these transcription factors mediate an opposing relationship between growth signals and longevity. ..
- Zhang P, Zhang H. Autophagy modulates miRNA-mediated gene silencing and selectively degrades AIN-1/GW182 in C. elegans. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:568-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, autophagy activity modulates miRNA-mediated gene silencing and degrades a core miRISC component. ..
- Visvikis O, Ihuegbu N, Labed S, Luhachack L, Alves A, Wollenberg A, et al. Innate host defense requires TFEB-mediated transcription of cytoprotective and antimicrobial genes. Immunity. 2014;40:896-909 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that TFEB is a previously unappreciated, evolutionarily ancient transcription factor in the host response to infection. ..
- Alberti A, Michelet X, Djeddi A, Legouis R. The autophagosomal protein LGG-2 acts synergistically with LGG-1 in dauer formation and longevity in C. elegans. Autophagy. 2010;6:622-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that both LGG-2 and LGG-1 act synergistically and are involved in dauer formation and longevity of the worm. ..