Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: kgb-1
Description: GLH-binding kinase 1
Alias: GLH-binding kinase 1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Pispa J, Palmén S, Holmberg C, Jantti J. C. elegans dss-1 is functionally conserved and required for oogenesis and larval growth. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:51 pubmed publisher..In contrast to unicellular eukaryotes, the C. elegans dss-1 encodes an essential protein, which is required for embryogenesis, larval growth, and oogenesis, and which is functionally conserved with its yeast and human homologues. ..
- Twumasi Boateng K, Wang T, Tsai L, Lee K, Salehpour A, Bhat S, et al. An age-dependent reversal in the protective capacities of JNK signaling shortens Caenorhabditis elegans lifespan. Aging Cell. 2012;11:659-67 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the age-dependent reversal has intriguing implications for our understanding of aging...
- Hattori A, Mizuno T, Akamatsu M, Hisamoto N, Matsumoto K. The Caenorhabditis elegans JNK signaling pathway activates expression of stress response genes by derepressing the Fos/HDAC repressor complex. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003315 pubmed publisher..This study describes the direct link from JNK signaling, Fos phosphorylation, and regulation of kreg gene transcription, which modulates the stress response in C. elegans...
- Gerke P, Keshet A, MertenskÃ¶tter A, Paul R. The JNK-like MAPK KGB-1 of Caenorhabditis elegans promotes reproduction, lifespan, and gene expressions for protein biosynthesis and germline homeostasis but interferes with hyperosmotic stress tolerance. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:1951-73 pubmed publisher
- Nix P, Hisamoto N, Matsumoto K, Bastiani M. Axon regeneration requires coordinate activation of p38 and JNK MAPK pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10738-43 pubmed publisher..These two MAPKs are coregulated by the E3 ubiquitin ligase RPM-1(Phr1) via targeted degradation of the MAPKKKs DLK-1 and MLK-1 and by the MAPK phosphatase VHP-1(MKP7), which negatively regulates both PMK-3(p38) and KGB-1(JNK). ..