Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hsp-90
Description: Heat shock protein 90
Alias: Heat shock protein 90
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Vowels J, Thomas J. Multiple chemosensory defects in daf-11 and daf-21 mutants of Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 1994;138:303-16 pubmed..We propose that daf-11 and daf-21 mediate sensory transduction for both volatile and non-volatile compounds in specific amphid neurons. ..
- Huang X, Powell Coffman J, Jin Y. The AHR-1 aryl hydrocarbon receptor and its co-factor the AHA-1 aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator specify GABAergic neuron cell fate in C. elegans. Development. 2004;131:819-28 pubmed..elegans ahr-1 functions as a cell-type specific determinant. This study further supports the notion that the ancestral role of the AHR proteins is in regulating cellular differentiation in animal development. ..
- van Oosten Hawle P, Porter R, Morimoto R. Regulation of organismal proteostasis by transcellular chaperone signaling. Cell. 2013;153:1366-78 pubmed publisher..This transcellular chaperone signaling response maintains organismal proteostasis when challenged by a local tissue imbalance in folding and provides the basis for organismal stress-sensing surveillance...
- Frumkin A, Dror S, Pokrzywa W, Bar Lavan Y, Karady I, Hoppe T, et al. Challenging muscle homeostasis uncovers novel chaperone interactions in Caenorhabditis elegans. Front Mol Biosci. 2014;1:21 pubmed publisher..Our work thus provides a clear example of how a combination of mild perturbations to the proteostasis network can uncover specific quality control modules. ..
- Haslbeck V, Eckl J, Drazic A, Rutz D, Lorenz O, Zimmermann K, et al. The activity of protein phosphatase 5 towards native clients is modulated by the middle- and C-terminal domains of Hsp90. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17058 pubmed publisher..These are further modulated by the binding of clients to the N-terminal and middle domain of Hsp90 and their presentation to the phosphatase within the phosphatase-Hsp90 complex. ..
- Richardson J, Dornan J, Opamawutthikul M, Bruce S, Page A, Walkinshaw M. Cloning, expression and characterisation of FKB-6, the sole large TPR-containing immunophilin from C. elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;360:566-72 pubmed..In vivo localisation studies show that the fkb-6 gene is expressed in all stages from embryo to adult with predominant expression being noted in the adult dorsal and ventral nerve cords. ..
- Murakami M, Koga M, Ohshima Y. DAF-7/TGF-beta expression required for the normal larval development in C. elegans is controlled by a presumed guanylyl cyclase DAF-11. Mech Dev. 2001;109:27-35 pubmed..Expression of daf-11 cDNA by cell specific promoters suggests that daf-11 acts cell autonomously in ASI chemosensory neurons for daf-7 expression. ..
- Iwasa H, Maimaiti S, Kuroyanagi H, Kawano S, Inami K, Timalsina S, et al. Yes-associated protein homolog, YAP-1, is involved in the thermotolerance and aging in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:931-45 pubmed publisher..In short, YAP-1 partially shares basal characters with mammalian YAP and plays a role in thermal stress response and healthy aging. ..
- Popovici C, Berda Y, Conchonaud F, Harbis A, Birnbaum D, Roubin R. Direct and heterologous approaches to identify the LET-756/FGF interactome. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:105 pubmed..The interactors identified play various roles in developmental process or basic biochemical events such as ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Singh V, Aballay A. Heat-shock transcription factor (HSF)-1 pathway required for Caenorhabditis elegans immunity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13092-7 pubmed..Considering that several coinducers of HSF-1 are currently in clinical trials, this work opens the possibility that activation of HSF-1 could be used to boost immunity to treat infectious diseases and immunodeficiencies. ..
- Boxem M, Maliga Z, Klitgord N, Li N, Lemmens I, Mana M, et al. A protein domain-based interactome network for C. elegans early embryogenesis. Cell. 2008;134:534-45 pubmed publisher..This interactome modeling strategy revealed insights into C. elegans centrosome function and is applicable to other biological processes in this and other organisms. ..
- Minami M, Shinozaki F, Suzuki M, Yoshimatsu K, Ichikawa Y, Minami Y. The proteasome activator PA28 functions in collaboration with Hsp90 in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:1315-9 pubmed..Taking these results together, we conclude that PA28 is likely to function in collaboration with Hsp90 in vivo. ..
- Wang Z, Hou Y, Guo X, van der Voet M, Boxem M, Dixon J, et al. The EBAX-type Cullin-RING E3 ligase and Hsp90 guard the protein quality of the SAX-3/Robo receptor in developing neurons. Neuron. 2013;79:903-16 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate a triage PQC mechanism mediated by the EBAX-type CRL and DAF-21/Hsp90 that maintains the accuracy of neuronal wiring. ..
- Eckl J, Scherr M, Freiburger L, Daake M, Sattler M, Richter K. Hsp90Â·Cdc37 Complexes with Protein Kinases Form Cooperatively with Multiple Distinct Interaction Sites. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:30843-54 pubmed publisherProtein kinases are the most prominent group of heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) clients and are recruited to the molecular chaperone by the kinase-specific cochaperone cell division cycle 37 (Cdc37)...
- Cornils A, Maurya A, Tereshko L, Kennedy J, Brear A, Prahlad V, et al. Structural and Functional Recovery of Sensory Cilia in C. elegans IFT Mutants upon Aging. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006325 pubmed publisher..Our results describe an unexpected role of early aging and protein quality control mechanisms in suppressing ciliary phenotypes of IFT mutants, and suggest possible strategies for targeting subsets of ciliopathies. ..
- Bar Lavan Y, Shemesh N, Dror S, Ofir R, Yeger Lotem E, Ben Zvi A. A Differentiation Transcription Factor Establishes Muscle-Specific Proteostasis in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006531 pubmed publisher..Such cell-specific proteostasis networks can explain the selective vulnerability that many diseases of protein misfolding exhibit even when the misfolded protein is ubiquitously expressed. ..
- Song H, Lee W, An K, Lee H, Cho J, Park Z, et al. C. elegans STI-1, the homolog of Sti1/Hop, is involved in aging and stress response. J Mol Biol. 2009;390:604-17 pubmed publisher..In addition, sti-1(jh125) mutants have a shortened life span. Our results confirm that CeSTI-1 is a cochaperone protein that may maintain homeostatic functions during episodes of stress and can regulate longevity in nematodes. ..