Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hmr-1
Description: Cadherin-related hmr-1
Alias: Cadherin-related hmr-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Oosterveen T, Coudreuse D, Yang P, Fraser E, Bergsma J, Dale T, et al. Two functionally distinct Axin-like proteins regulate canonical Wnt signaling in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;308:438-48 pubmed..We conclude that Axin function in C. elegans is divided over two different Axin orthologs that have specific functions in negatively regulating canonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Tsur A, Bening Abu Shach U, Broday L. ULP-2 SUMO Protease Regulates E-Cadherin Recruitment to Adherens Junctions. Dev Cell. 2015;35:63-77 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a mechanistic link between the dynamic nature of the SUMO machinery and AJ plasticity and highlight sumoylation as a molecular switch that modulates the binding of E-cadherin to the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Chihara D, Nance J. An E-cadherin-mediated hitchhiking mechanism for C. elegans germ cell internalization during gastrulation. Development. 2012;139:2547-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that quiescent PGCs employ a post-transcriptionally regulated hitchhiking mechanism to internalize during gastrulation, and demonstrate a morphogenetic role for the conserved association of PGCs with the endoderm...
- Korswagen H, Herman M, Clevers H. Distinct beta-catenins mediate adhesion and signalling functions in C. elegans. Nature. 2000;406:527-32 pubmed..elegans, HMR-1. We conclude that a canonical Wnt pathway exists in C. elegans. Furthermore, our analysis shows that the functions of C. elegans beta-catenins in adhesion and in signalling are performed by separate proteins. ..
- Klompstra D, Anderson D, Yeh J, Zilberman Y, Nance J. An instructive role for C. elegans E-cadherin in translating cell contact cues into cortical polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:726-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify an E-cadherin-mediated pathway that translates cell contacts into cortical polarity by directly recruiting a symmetry-breaking factor to the adjacent cortex. ..
- Sawyer J, Glass S, Li T, Shemer G, White N, Starostina N, et al. Overcoming redundancy: an RNAi enhancer screen for morphogenesis genes in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2011;188:549-64 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate new genes in C. elegans gastrulation, and they show that an RNAi-based enhancer screen in C. elegans can be used as an efficient means to identify important but redundant or partially redundant developmental genes. ..
- Mizumoto K, Sawa H. Cortical beta-catenin and APC regulate asymmetric nuclear beta-catenin localization during asymmetric cell division in C. elegans. Dev Cell. 2007;12:287-99 pubmed..Because beta-catenin and APC are localized to the cortex in many cell types in different species, our results suggest that these cortical proteins may regulate asymmetric divisions or Wnt signaling in other organisms as well. ..
- Broadbent I, Pettitt J. The C. elegans hmr-1 gene can encode a neuronal classic cadherin involved in the regulation of axon fasciculation. Curr Biol. 2002;12:59-63 pubmed..These results indicate that Drosophila and C. elegans share a conserved, cadherin-dependent mechanism involved in regulating axonal patterning and fasciculation. ..