Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hmp-2
Description: Beta-catenin-like protein hmp-2;HuMPback (dorsal lumps)
Alias: Beta-catenin-like protein hmp-2;HuMPback (dorsal lumps)
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Cabello J, Neukomm L, Günesdogan U, Burkart K, Charette S, Lochnit G, et al. The Wnt pathway controls cell death engulfment, spindle orientation, and migration through CED-10/Rac. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000297 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in multiple developmental processes, CED-10/Rac can link polar signals mediated by the Wnt pathway to rearrangements of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Tsur A, Bening Abu Shach U, Broday L. ULP-2 SUMO Protease Regulates E-Cadherin Recruitment to Adherens Junctions. Dev Cell. 2015;35:63-77 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a mechanistic link between the dynamic nature of the SUMO machinery and AJ plasticity and highlight sumoylation as a molecular switch that modulates the binding of E-cadherin to the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Stetak A, Hörndli F, Maricq A, van den Heuvel S, Hajnal A. Neuron-specific regulation of associative learning and memory by MAGI-1 in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6019 pubmed publisher..elegans are likely carried out by distinct subsets of interneurons. The synaptic scaffolding protein MAGI-1 plays a critical role in these processes in part by regulating the clustering of iGluRs at synapses. ..
- Oosterveen T, Coudreuse D, Yang P, Fraser E, Bergsma J, Dale T, et al. Two functionally distinct Axin-like proteins regulate canonical Wnt signaling in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;308:438-48 pubmed..We conclude that Axin function in C. elegans is divided over two different Axin orthologs that have specific functions in negatively regulating canonical Wnt signaling. ..
- Korswagen H, Herman M, Clevers H. Distinct beta-catenins mediate adhesion and signalling functions in C. elegans. Nature. 2000;406:527-32 pubmed..elegans, HMR-1. We conclude that a canonical Wnt pathway exists in C. elegans. Furthermore, our analysis shows that the functions of C. elegans beta-catenins in adhesion and in signalling are performed by separate proteins. ..
- Putzke A, Rothman J. Repression of Wnt signaling by a Fer-type nonreceptor tyrosine kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16154-9 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight a role for a Fer-type kinase in setting the proper levels of Wnt signaling and demonstrate the importance of this modulation in ensuring appropriate cell division. ..
- Korswagen H, Coudreuse D, Betist M, van de Water S, Zivkovic D, Clevers H. The Axin-like protein PRY-1 is a negative regulator of a canonical Wnt pathway in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1291-302 pubmed..We conclude that a highly divergent destruction complex consisting of PRY-1, SGG-1, and APR-1 regulates BAR-1/beta-catenin signaling in C. elegans. ..