Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: egl-4
Description: cGMP-dependent protein kinase;cGMP-dependent protein kinase egl-4;hypothetical protein
Alias: cGMP-dependent protein kinase;cGMP-dependent protein kinase egl-4;hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- He C, O Halloran D. Nuclear PKG localization is regulated by G? alpha and is necessary in the AWB neurons to mediate avoidance in Caenorhabditis elegans. Neurosci Lett. 2013;553:35-9 pubmed publisher..These data reveal novel insight into how the localization of an individual kinase can form a turnout switch to modify output in different neurons to drive opposite sensory behaviors. ..
- Juang B, Gu C, Starnes L, Palladino F, Goga A, Kennedy S, et al. Endogenous nuclear RNAi mediates behavioral adaptation to odor. Cell. 2013;154:1010-1022 pubmed publisher..This class of siRNA may act broadly as a rheostat allowing prolonged stimulation to dampen gene expression and promote cellular memory formation. PAPERFLICK: ..
- Beckert U, Aw W, Burhenne H, Försterling L, Kaever V, Timmons L, et al. The Receptor-Bound Guanylyl Cyclase DAF-11 Is the Mediator of Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced cGMP Increase in Caenorhabditis elegans [corrected]. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72569 pubmed publisher..elegans using highly specific HPLC-coupled tandem mass-spectrometry and behavioral assays. Here, we show that the relation between cGMP and survival is more complex than previously appreciated. ..
- Yamada Y, Ohshima Y. Distribution and movement of Caenorhabditis elegans on a thermal gradient. J Exp Biol. 2003;206:2581-93 pubmed..Laser ablation and gene expression studies suggest that AFD neurons are not important, and tax-4 expression in neurons other than AFD is required, for warm avoidance. ..
- Ghosh R, Emmons S. Calcineurin and protein kinase G regulate C. elegans behavioral quiescence during locomotion in liquid. BMC Genet. 2010;11:7 pubmed publisher..These results in a genetically tractable organism establish a framework for further dissection of the mechanism of quiescence during episodic behaviors. ..
- Mok C, Healey M, Shekhar T, Leroux M, Heon E, Zhen M. Mutations in a guanylate cyclase GCY-35/GCY-36 modify Bardet-Biedl syndrome-associated phenotypes in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002335 pubmed publisher..We propose that a misregulation of cGMP signalling, which underlies developmental and some behavioural defects of C. elegans bbs mutants, may also contribute to some BBS features in other organisms. ..
- Couto A, Oda S, Nikolaev V, Soltesz Z, de Bono M. In vivo genetic dissection of O2-evoked cGMP dynamics in a Caenorhabditis elegans gas sensor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3301-10 pubmed publisher..This variability may reflect stochastic differences in expression of cGMP signaling components. Our work provides in vivo insights into the architecture of neuronal cGMP signaling. ..
- Huang W, Li Z, Xu Y, Wang W, Zhou M, Zhang P, et al. PKG and NHR-49 signalling co-ordinately regulate short-term fasting-induced lysosomal lipid accumulation in C. elegans. Biochem J. 2014;461:509-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal a new mechanism for lysosomal lipid metabolism during the stress response, which may provide new clues for investigations of lysosome function in energy homoeostasis. ..
- Golden J, Riddle D. A pheromone-induced developmental switch in Caenorhabditis elegans: Temperature-sensitive mutants reveal a wild-type temperature-dependent process. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:819-23 pubmed..These mutations appear to indirectly result in a ts phenotype by enhancing the expression of a wild-type ts developmental process. ..
- Fujiwara M, Hino T, Miyamoto R, Inada H, Mori I, Koga M, et al. The Importance of cGMP Signaling in Sensory Cilia for Body Size Regulation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2015;201:1497-510 pubmed publisher..The large number of guanylyl cyclases encoded in the C. elegans genome suggests that EGL-4 exerts pleiotropic effects by partnering with different guanylyl cyclases for different downstream functions. ..