Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dyn-1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Singhvi A, Teulière J, Talavera K, Cordes S, Ou G, Vale R, et al. The Arf GAP CNT-2 regulates the apoptotic fate in C. elegans asymmetric neuroblast divisions. Curr Biol. 2011;21:948-54 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that CNT-2 regulates receptor-mediated endocytosis and consider the implications of its role in asymmetric cell divisions. ..
- Fares H, Greenwald I. Genetic analysis of endocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegans: coelomocyte uptake defective mutants. Genetics. 2001;159:133-45 pubmed
- Salcini A, Hilliard M, Croce A, Arbucci S, Luzzi P, Tacchetti C, et al. The Eps15 C. elegans homologue EHS-1 is implicated in synaptic vesicle recycling. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:755-60 pubmed..Impairment of EHS-1 function in dyn-1(ky51) worms, which express a mutant form of dynamin and display a temperature-sensitive locomotion defect, resulted in a worsening of the dyn-1 phenotype and ..
- Nakayama Y, Shivas J, Poole D, Squirrell J, Kulkoski J, Schleede J, et al. Dynamin participates in the maintenance of anterior polarity in the Caenorhabditis elegans embryo. Dev Cell. 2009;16:889-900 pubmed publisher..b>Dynamin, a large GTPase, functions in both endocytosis and actin dynamics...
- Neukomm L, Nicot A, Kinchen J, Almendinger J, Pinto S, Zeng S, et al. The phosphoinositide phosphatase MTM-1 regulates apoptotic cell corpse clearance through CED-5-CED-12 in C. elegans. Development. 2011;138:2003-14 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the CED-12 PH domain can bind to PtdIns(3,5)P(2) (one target of MTM-1 phosphatase activity), suggesting that MTM-1 might regulate CED-12 recruitment to the plasma membrane. ..
- Kaplan O, Doroquez D, Cevik S, Bowie R, Clarke L, Sanders A, et al. Endocytosis genes facilitate protein and membrane transport in C. elegans sensory cilia. Curr Biol. 2012;22:451-60 pubmed publisher..Here we show that localization of the clathrin light chain, AP-2 clathrin adaptor, dynamin, and RAB-5 endocytic proteins overlaps with a morphologically discrete periciliary membrane compartment ..
- Pittman K, Skop A. Anterior PAR proteins function during cytokinesis and maintain DYN-1 at the cleavage furrow in Caenorhabditis elegans. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2012;69:826-39 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the PAR proteins are involved in the events that occur during cytokinesis and may play a role in promoting the membrane trafficking and remodeling events that occur during this time...
- Smurova K, Podbilewicz B. RAB-5- and DYNAMIN-1-Mediated Endocytosis of EFF-1 Fusogen Controls Cell-Cell Fusion. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1517-1527 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that EFF-1 is actively removed from the plasma membrane of epidermal cells by dynamin- and RAB-5-dependent endocytosis and accumulates in early endosomes...
- Sato K, Sato M, Audhya A, Oegema K, Schweinsberg P, Grant B. Dynamic regulation of caveolin-1 trafficking in the germ line and embryo of Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3085-94 pubmed..Conversely endocytosis and degradation of CAV-1-GFP in embryos requires clathrin, dynamin, and RAB-5...
- Labrousse A, Zappaterra M, Rube D, van der Bliek A. C. elegans dynamin-related protein DRP-1 controls severing of the mitochondrial outer membrane. Mol Cell. 1999;4:815-26 pubmed..We show here that mitochondria are disrupted by mutations in a C. elegans dynamin-related protein (DRP-1)...
- Lu N, Shen Q, Mahoney T, Liu X, Zhou Z. Three sorting nexins drive the degradation of apoptotic cells in response to PtdIns(3)P signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:354-74 pubmed publisher..Specifically, LST-4 interacts with DYN-1 (dynamin), an essential phagosome maturation initiator, to strengthen DYN-1's association to phagosomal surfaces, and ..
- Troulinaki K, Tavernarakis N. Endocytosis and intracellular trafficking contribute to necrotic neurodegeneration in C. elegans. EMBO J. 2012;31:654-66 pubmed publisher..Depletion of the key endocytic machinery components dynamin, synaptotagmin and endophilin suppresses necrotic neurodegeneration induced by diverse genetic and environmental ..