Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: dhc-1
Description: Dynein Heavy Chain;Dynein heavy chain, cytoplasmic
Alias: Dynein Heavy Chain;Dynein heavy chain, cytoplasmic
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Fortin S, Marshall S, Jaeger E, Greene P, Brady L, Isaac R, et al. The PAM-1 aminopeptidase regulates centrosome positioning to ensure anterior-posterior axis specification in one-cell C. elegans embryos. Dev Biol. 2010;344:992-1000 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PAM-1's role in axis polarization is to prevent premature movement of the centrosome from the posterior cortex, ensuring proper axis establishment in the embryo...
- Locke C, Williams S, Schwarz E, Caldwell G, Caldwell K. Genetic interactions among cortical malformation genes that influence susceptibility to convulsions in C. elegans. Brain Res. 2006;1120:23-34 pubmed..Thus, interactions among gene products with LIS-1 may mediate intrinsic thresholds of neuronal synchrony. ..
- Yang H, Mains P, McNally F. Kinesin-1 mediates translocation of the meiotic spindle to the oocyte cortex through KCA-1, a novel cargo adapter. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:447-57 pubmed..This study thus reveals two sequential mechanisms for translocating anastral spindles to the oocyte cortex. ..
- Portereiko M, Saam J, Mango S. ZEN-4/MKLP1 is required to polarize the foregut epithelium. Curr Biol. 2004;14:932-41 pubmed..Microtubules and actin are disorganized in zen-4 mutants compared to the wild-type. We suggest that ZEN-4/MKLP1 and CYK-4/RhoGAP regulate an early step in epithelial polarization that is required to establish the apical domain and CeAJ. ..
- Dorsett M, Schedl T. A role for dynein in the inhibition of germ cell proliferative fate. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:6128-39 pubmed publisher..Our results add a new dimension to the processes controlled by the dynein motor complex, demonstrating that dynein can act as an antiproliferative factor. ..
- Cockell M, Baumer K, GONCZY P. lis-1 is required for dynein-dependent cell division processes in C. elegans embryos. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4571-82 pubmed..These results suggest that dynein and Lis1, albeit functioning in identical processes, are targeted partially independently of one another. ..
- Fridolfsson H, Ly N, Meyerzon M, Starr D. UNC-83 coordinates kinesin-1 and dynein activities at the nuclear envelope during nuclear migration. Dev Biol. 2010;338:237-50 pubmed publisher..Kinesin-1 functions as the major force generator during nuclear migration, while dynein is involved in regulation of bidirectional transport of the nucleus. ..
- Kimura A, Onami S. Computer simulations and image processing reveal length-dependent pulling force as the primary mechanism for C. elegans male pronuclear migration. Dev Cell. 2005;8:765-75 pubmed..A male pronucleus having a single centrosome migrated toward the single aster. We propose that the pulling mechanism is the primary mechanism for male pronuclear migration. ..
- Ellefson M, McNally F. Kinesin-1 and cytoplasmic dynein act sequentially to move the meiotic spindle to the oocyte cortex in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2722-30 pubmed publisher..This represents a case of kinesin-1/dynein coordination in which these two motors of opposite polarity act sequentially and independently on a cargo to move it in the same direction. ..
- van der Voet M, Berends C, Perreault A, Nguyen Ngoc T, GONCZY P, Vidal M, et al. NuMA-related LIN-5, ASPM-1, calmodulin and dynein promote meiotic spindle rotation independently of cortical LIN-5/GPR/Galpha. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:269-77 pubmed publisher..These functional interactions may be conserved in mammals, with implications for primary microcephaly. ..
- Kotak S, Busso C, G nczy P. Cortical dynein is critical for proper spindle positioning in human cells. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:97-110 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose a model in which the ternary complex serves to anchor dynein at the plasma membrane to ensure correct spindle positioning...
- Tsou M, Hayashi A, DeBella L, McGrath G, Rose L. LET-99 determines spindle position and is asymmetrically enriched in response to PAR polarity cues in C. elegans embryos. Development. 2002;129:4469-81 pubmed..Together, the data indicate that LET-99 acts downstream of PAR-3 and PAR-2 to determine spindle positioning, potentially through the asymmetric regulation of forces on the spindle. ..