Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: daf-18
Description: Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate 3-phosphatase and dual-specificity protein phosphatase daf-18
Alias: Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate 3-phosphatase and dual-specificity protein phosphatase daf-18
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Khanna A, Johnson D, Curran S. Physiological roles for mafr-1 in reproduction and lipid homeostasis. Cell Rep. 2014;9:2180-91 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal physiological roles for mafr-1 in regulating organismal lipid homeostasis, which ensure reproductive success. ..
- Nakdimon I, Walser M, Fröhli E, Hajnal A. PTEN negatively regulates MAPK signaling during Caenorhabditis elegans vulval development. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002881 pubmed publisher..Thus, mutations in the PTEN tumor suppressor gene may result in the simultaneous hyper-activation of two oncogenic signaling pathways. ..
- Jiu Y, Yue Y, Yang S, Liu L, Yu J, Wu Z, et al. Insulin-like signaling pathway functions in integrative response to an olfactory and a gustatory stimuli in Caenorhabditis elegans. Protein Cell. 2010;1:75-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the insulin-like signaling pathway constitutes an essential component for sensory integration and decision-making behavior plasticity. ..
- Larsen P, Albert P, Riddle D. Genes that regulate both development and longevity in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 1995;139:1567-83 pubmed..This synergistic effect, which does not equivalently extend the fertile period, is the largest genetic extension of life span yet observed in a metazoan. ..
- Adachi T, Kunitomo H, Tomioka M, Ohno H, Okochi Y, Mori I, et al. Reversal of salt preference is directed by the insulin/PI3K and Gq/PKC signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2010;186:1309-19 pubmed publisher..A putative salt receptor GCY-22 guanylyl cyclase is required in ASER for both salt attraction and avoidance. Our results suggest that ASEL and ASER use distinct molecular mechanisms to regulate salt chemotaxis plasticity. ..
- Vowels J, Thomas J. Genetic analysis of chemosensory control of dauer formation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 1992;130:105-23 pubmed..These results suggest that daf-11 is directly involved in chemosensory transduction essential for dauer formation, while the other Daf-c genes play roles downstream of the chemosensory step. ..
- Narbonne P, Maddox P, Labbé J. DAF-18/PTEN signals through AAK-1/AMPK to inhibit MPK-1/MAPK in feedback control of germline stem cell proliferation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006738 pubmed publisher..As all components are conserved, similar signalling cascades may regulate stem cell activities in other organisms and be widely implicated in cancer. ..
- Mouchiroud L, Molin L, Kasturi P, Triba M, Dumas M, Wilson M, et al. Pyruvate imbalance mediates metabolic reprogramming and mimics lifespan extension by dietary restriction in Caenorhabditis elegans. Aging Cell. 2011;10:39-54 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that inhibition of this transporter homolog in mammals might also promote a DR response. ..
- Mihaylova V, Borland C, Manjarrez L, Stern M, Sun H. The PTEN tumor suppressor homolog in Caenorhabditis elegans regulates longevity and dauer formation in an insulin receptor-like signaling pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7427-32 pubmed..Furthermore, our studies have uncovered a longevity-promoting activity of the PTEN homolog in C. elegans. ..
- Rouault J, Kuwabara P, Sinilnikova O, Duret L, Thierry Mieg D, Billaud M. Regulation of dauer larva development in Caenorhabditis elegans by daf-18, a homologue of the tumour suppressor PTEN. Curr Biol. 1999;9:329-32 pubmed..These data further support the notion that mutations of PTEN contribute to the development of human neoplasia through an aberrant activation of the PI 3-kinase signalling cascade. ..