Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: chc-1
Description: Probable clathrin heavy chain 1
Alias: Probable clathrin heavy chain 1
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Shen Q, He B, Lu N, Conradt B, Grant B, Zhou Z. Phagocytic receptor signaling regulates clathrin and epsin-mediated cytoskeletal remodeling during apoptotic cell engulfment in C. elegans. Development. 2013;140:3230-43 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals novel roles of clathrin and epsin in apoptotic-cell internalization, suggests a Hip1/R-independent mechanism linking clathrin to actin assembly, and ties the CED-1 pathway to cytoskeleton remodeling. ..
- Spiro Z, Thyagarajan K, De Simone A, Träger S, Afshar K, GONCZY P. Clathrin regulates centrosome positioning by promoting acto-myosin cortical tension in C. elegans embryos. Development. 2014;141:2712-23 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings lead us to propose that clathrin plays a critical role in centrosome positioning by promoting acto-myosin cortical tension. ..
- Gillard G, Shafaq Zadah M, Nicolle O, Damaj R, PÃ©crÃ©aux J, Michaux G. Control of E-cadherin apical localisation and morphogenesis by a SOAP-1/AP-1/clathrin pathway in C. elegans epidermal cells. Development. 2015;142:1684-94 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that a molecular pathway, containing SOAP-1, AP-1 and clathrin, controls the apical delivery of E-cad and morphogenesis. ..
- Poteryaev D, Fares H, Bowerman B, Spang A. Caenorhabditis elegans SAND-1 is essential for RAB-7 function in endosomal traffic. EMBO J. 2007;26:301-12 pubmed..We show that SAND-1 is essential for RAB-7 function at the transition from early to late endosomes, but not for RAB-7 function at lysosomes. ..
- Holmes A, Flett A, Coudreuse D, Korswagen H, Pettitt J. C. elegans Disabled is required for cell-type specific endocytosis and is essential in animals lacking the AP-3 adaptor complex. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2741-51 pubmed
- Giuliani C, Troglio F, Bai Z, Patel F, Zucconi A, Malabarba M, et al. Requirements for F-BAR proteins TOCA-1 and TOCA-2 in actin dynamics and membrane trafficking during Caenorhabditis elegans oocyte growth and embryonic epidermal morphogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000675 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that TOCA proteins control tissues morphogenesis by coordinating Clathrin-dependent membrane trafficking with WAVE and N-WASP-dependent actin-dynamics. ..
- Dierking K, Polanowska J, Omi S, Engelmann I, Gut M, Lembo F, et al. Unusual regulation of a STAT protein by an SLC6 family transporter in C. elegans epidermal innate immunity. Cell Host Microbe. 2011;9:425-35 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an unorthodox mode of regulation for a STAT factor and highlight the molecular plasticity of innate immune signaling. ..