Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ced-5
Description: hypothetical protein
Species: Caenorhabditis elegans
- Chen Y, Mapes J, Lee E, Skeen Gaar R, Xue D. Caspase-mediated activation of Caenorhabditis elegans CED-8 promotes apoptosis and phosphatidylserine externalization. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2726 pubmed publisher..elegans. Our finding identifies a crucial link between caspase activation and PS externalization, which triggers phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. ..
- Cabello J, Neukomm L, Günesdogan U, Burkart K, Charette S, Lochnit G, et al. The Wnt pathway controls cell death engulfment, spindle orientation, and migration through CED-10/Rac. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000297 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that in multiple developmental processes, CED-10/Rac can link polar signals mediated by the Wnt pathway to rearrangements of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Sawyer J, Glass S, Li T, Shemer G, White N, Starostina N, et al. Overcoming redundancy: an RNAi enhancer screen for morphogenesis genes in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2011;188:549-64 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate new genes in C. elegans gastrulation, and they show that an RNAi-based enhancer screen in C. elegans can be used as an efficient means to identify important but redundant or partially redundant developmental genes. ..
- Wu Y, Tsai M, Cheng L, Chou C, Weng N. C. elegans CED-12 acts in the conserved crkII/DOCK180/Rac pathway to control cell migration and cell corpse engulfment. Dev Cell. 2001;1:491-502 pubmed..We suggest that CED-12 counterparts in higher organisms regulate cytoskeleton dynamics, as CED-12 does in C. elegans. ..
- Neukomm L, Nicot A, Kinchen J, Almendinger J, Pinto S, Zeng S, et al. The phosphoinositide phosphatase MTM-1 regulates apoptotic cell corpse clearance through CED-5-CED-12 in C. elegans. Development. 2011;138:2003-14 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the CED-12 PH domain can bind to PtdIns(3,5)P(2) (one target of MTM-1 phosphatase activity), suggesting that MTM-1 might regulate CED-12 recruitment to the plasma membrane. ..
- Kang Y, Xu J, Liu Y, Sun J, Sun D, Hu Y, et al. Crystal structure of the cell corpse engulfment protein CED-2 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:189-94 pubmed publisher..However, CED-2 was found to interact with the N-terminal region of CED-5. Our findings suggest that CED-2 may regulate cell corpse engulfment by interacting with CED-5 through the N-terminal region rather than the PXXP motif. ..
- Grimsley C, Kinchen J, Tosello Trampont A, Brugnera E, Haney L, Lu M, et al. Dock180 and ELMO1 proteins cooperate to promote evolutionarily conserved Rac-dependent cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6087-97 pubmed..This finding suggests that Rac activation by the ELMO.Dock180 complex at discrete intracellular locations mediated by the N-terminal 330 amino acids of ELMO1 rather than generalized Rac activation plays a role in cell migration. ..